Chapter 19

I knew why they were here. They knew. They probably already knew everything and I couldn't hide anymore. What if they had come after Jd because Rian or Zack must have told them...? Would they attempt to take my son, my life, away from me? No! I couldn't have that.
"Jd!!" I shouted as soon as panic and fear started taking over.
He came running into the kitchen, Alex and Jack following behind him and again, neither of them said anything.
"Um... I think that's been enough for one day." I mumbled.
"No, mommy, it's too early." Jd whined.
I smiled softly, though you could probably tell it was fake. "Alex, Jack?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows at them.
I knew they wouldn't question my authority. I mean, it was my house, my son.
Jack sighed. "I'll come by tomorrow? If that's okay?"
I nodded and looked over at Alex who had yet to answer.
He looked down at the ground and groaned. "No. I can't leave, not now."
I looked at him, astonished by his response. "Why not?"
"I know, okay?! There's no reason to hide it anymore! I just... I want to tell you that I love you, I love you so much and I never stopped. And now we can be a family."
I furrowed my eyebrows together as I stared quizzically at him. "I don't understand, what do you know?"
"What's going on?" Jack asked, looking between us.
I would have responded if I knew what Alex was going on about but I didn't. Yet, I knew something was wrong.
"I'm Jd's father." The words left his mouth so softly and fragily... but I understood.
I stared blankly at him for a moment or two for I didn't know how to react.
Jack stared between Alex and I, his frown becoming more hateful as the seconds went by.
And Jd? He smiled big with hope in his eyes and I swear, for a split second, I thought I heard him whisper dad.
"What?" Jack finally spoke after what seemed like forever.
I looked at the ground as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "You need to leave. Now."
"But, Iris... I-"
"No, Alex! I can't.... not right now."
He clutched his fists and slammed them on the counter. "This would have been much easier if you would have told me from the start!"
I stepped back, seeing as he had become fully enraged and Jack stepped in front of him, protecting me.
"I've missed 4 years of my son's life, all because of you." Alex hissed.
"You didn't want kids!! You said it yourself! And I wasn't about to ruin your life!" I shouted back, over Jack's shoulder as he attempted to calm me down.

{Flashback}

"You know how Jenna is pregnant?" Alex asked me as soon as he, Jack, and I boarded my bus.
Yes, everyone knew. Everyone knew that she was the reason Jack and I had broke up. But I was with Alex now, so none of that mattered to me anymore.

"Of course I know, she announced it to me like she had accomplished something major." I rolled my eyes.

"That's the thing, she was never pregnant!" Jack exclaimed.

"Wait... what? You mean she lied, made it all up?" I questioned.

Alex nodded. "Yeah, a good thing too. Jack is so not ready to be a dad." Alex said with a small chuckle.

I felt a small pain in my heart from hearing those words. But just because he wasn't ready didn't mean he would be a bad dad, right?

"What would you have done if she was pregnant?" I asked Jack.

He shrugged. "I would have been there for the kid but as far as settling down and marrying Jenna, that's a definite no." he laughed. "Plus, I'd probably be a horrible dad. I mean, I'm young and dumb, I don't want a kid for a loooong time." he said.

My heart shattered as he spoke.

Well, now I knew I couldn't count on Jack.

"What about you, Alex? What would you have done if Lisa ended up pregnant?" I asked cautiously.

He laughed. "There's no way in hell that I'd know what to do! A kid is a huge responsibility that I'm not sure I can handle right now." he said.

"Why are you asking that? Aren't you happy that I'm not getting tied down after all?" Jack asked.

I gave a fake smile. "Of course I'm happy for you. I'm just curious. Having a baby doesn't tie you down, it gives you one more reason to succeed." I replied.

"No, having a kid definitely ties you down to commitment and responsibilities and ugh." Alex said.

My blood boiled and now I knew I couldn't count on either of them, I was on my own.

{End of Flashback}

Tears fell rapidly from my eyes as I remembered their exact words. I hated them. I hated that at one point, I loved them both.
"Mommy? Mommy, please don't cry." Jd tugged on my shirt as he hugged my legs. I tried smiling but only more tears fell as I saw his precious face. He was my baby, my life.
"Iris, I'm taking my son with me." Alex mumbled, his eyes sending daggers in my direction.
I looked up at him, confused about what he was saying.
And then it all happened so fast...
Alex swept Jd off his feet in fast, quick movements and carried him away as he headed for the door. Jd kicked and screamed, he was scared. Scared of someone who, just seconds ago, he wanted to spend more time with.
"Alex! Alex stop!" I cried while I ran over to stop him.
I tried hitting him, but I only scratched his arms. He attempted pushing me away with one hand, while carrying Jd with the other. And Jack? He just stood frozen, still trying to comprehend everything.
"You can't take my son!!! You're not the father! Jack is!"

____________________
You guys probably hate me because I haven't uploaded a chapter in so long, and when I do, it's so shitty.
SORRY
~Kim