A soulmate who wasn't meant to be

--------------------
-_| Chapter 16 |_-
--------------------

CW: blood, gore, death (ehe~)
Word count: 1850

°°°

Oh shit. He wasn't supposed to be here. Not him out of everyone. Sapnap. Dream's eyes widened as he saw his best friend, on the other side of the cobblestone bride. There he stood, sword in his hand, shield in other, netherite armour glinting with soft purple glow and never changing fiery eyes.
"Dream, what the fuck are you doing here?" He spat, examining his old friend. He sure changed a lot.
"Sap, listen-"

"Don't call me that!" The younger yelled, gripping the handle of the sword tighter. Techno was quick to equip his armour, as well as Y/n. "You have no right to be out of that prison, Dream."
"Sapnap, he was getting hurt there." Y/n stepped in, shielding Dream with her body. "Maybe he deserved to be in the prison but torture? That's too much, don't you think?"
"Sapnap, if I were you, I'd think logically and let us go without fight. You have no chance against us." Techno proposed, drawing out his sword.
"No, I don't care. He destroyed our nation, El rapids, he ruined our friendship, he used us, killed others. I swore that if he ever escapes...I'd kill him myself. And yet he did." His voice broke at the end.
"What? El rapids? I didn't destroy it!" Dream defended himself.

"You did!"
"No, I didn't! It's a lie, who told you that?"
"Quackity, he wouldn't lie to me, the only liar here is you!"
"Quackity?! Do you really believe him after all he did?" The blonde exclaimed, annoyed. Techno and Y/n exchanged glances, silently communicating. Techno nodded, while backing away slowly and tapping the device that he held in his pocket.
"I do, and he did nothing, unlike you-"
"Sapnap, listen to me, I've been hanging out with Dream before he went to the prison, he never got near El rapids, I assure you. Quackity is lying to you." Y/n spoke in a calming tone, trying to calm Sapnap down.
"Lies, lies, lies..." Sapnap murmured, gaze focused on the ground. "You all are liars."
"Sapnap-"

"Shut up!" And that was final. Sapnap lunged at Dream, but Y/n was quick to get in his way and parry the incoming attack. Quickly recovering, Sapnap clashed swords with the girl, and after a moment Techno joined the fight, mercilessly slashing at the younger boy. Dream didn't know what to do as he stood frozen at the spot.
"Dream, armour, now!" Y/n instructed, blocking yet another blow from Sapnap. Dream snapped out of his daze and quickly equipped his armour, he didn't have weapon to defend himself, just armour. The noises of swords clashing were too loud, so Dream didn't notice someone running up to him from behind. Quackity. He was going for a kill. But he stopped midway, as the arrow impaled his shoulder. Not too far away from him stood Philza himself, crossbow in his hands and another arrow loaded, ready. Quackity spun around with a snarl, clutching his shoulder, that was bleeding. Next to Phil, stood Wilbur, in full gear, ready to fight.

More and more people were coming out of the portal. Sam, Punz, Puffy, Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Michael (MCChill), George, Bad and Niki. As on cue, Y/n briefly glanced back, only to yell at Dream to run. At first, Dream was confused, but as soon as he turned around, he understood. Muttering a curse, he quickly looked around. The only way was blocked by Sapnap, below him was lava. Fetching a fire resistance potion, he chugged it down and jumped into the pits of lava ocean. Techno told Y/n to go after him, and that he'd hold others down. The girl thanked him, emptying the little bottle, she jumped into lava after Dream. The duo quickly found each other under the thick lava and swam to the land. There was land not too far away from them, so it wouldn't take long to get there. After several moments, they finally reached the land, hopping on.