Change?

----------------------
-_| CHAPTER 1 |_-
----------------------

°°°

CW: mentions of deaths
Word count: 2076

She grew close with SMP members very soon. And with Dream too. Surprisingly. He was getting scared day by day of something actually. Of her influence on him. Y/n made him feel like a human again. Of course he didn't show his emotions but he still felt them. The joy, he used to have with the Dream team. The guilt, the blonde never thought that he'll feel after committing so many crimes. The embarrassment, he used to feel when he let his friends down. And finally, some sort of warmth in his chest while he was around Y/n. Her presence was greatly appreciated. He didn't even know that he craved the normal human interaction so bad. He was scared. Scared that she's his soulmate. Judging by all that, she was. But he wasn't sure. And he didn't want that. Because he was getting attached to her. And if someone's by his side, it's impossible to achieve his goal. The person would only get hurt, caught in this whirlwind of events. Clearly, he didn't want that. And if it was Y/n...this would be a literal hell.

Y/n herself was actually glad to be around Dream. Although, he was cold and distant, she still liked to be around him, even after finding out that he's a criminal. She got to know that. But something about him made her feel safe, comforted. As if he is not going to hurt her, even though that he could. But he still didn't, even if he wanted, he had a plenty amount of time to do so, but he didn't. Plus, all he did was being an awkward company to her. He didn't talk much, he only listened. Listened to anything, the stories she told him, about her life in the village back then, about friends she used to have back there, about everything, actually. She, somehow, trusted Dream. She knew very well, that it wasn't a great idea to be around the criminal, but she trusted him. It was impossible to explain why or how, she just did. He'd be gone for a quite while, dealing with...war that was going on, for the control. But he always returned unscratched, even if there was a blood on his armour, she knew that the blood wasn't his. It was NEVER his. Everyone kept their distance away from Y/n, because Dream was always around. Even Ranboo. Heck, he completely forgot about her. Guess he was right about having a terrible memory.

"Dream?"
"Yeah?"
"Have you found your soulmate yet?" He quieted down at that.
"No." He replied after a while. "Same for you, am I right?"
"Yeah- that's right." She breathed out, watching the horizon and ruined L'manburg as the sun was setting down. The light of the setting sun shone in her eyes, enchanting the brightness of a forest green of her one eye. He couldn't help but stare, admire her beauty. "Say, do you want to be with your soulmate when you find them?" This question got him thinking. He...did want that, of course. But if he's still involved in whirlwind of wars and chaos, then he'd rather not. Because his soulmate wouldn't be safe being around the criminal like him.

"I don't know, actually." He lied, shrugging it off. "What about you?"
"I...well, I'll probably want to be with them. I mean, that's why the soulmates are meant for, right? To be with each other, have each other's back, fight alongside, support each other and shit." Hm. Fight alongside? That would be impossible for him. He just nodded, nevertheless.
"I hope you find your soulmate soon." He rose to his feet, offering a hand for her. "Come on, it's getting dark. I will walk you home." Ah yes. Her home. She got a house now. Dream helped her out to build it. It was built in the tropical biome. She nodded, accepting his hand and letting him lift her up. True to his word, he walked her home, bidding his goodbye to her before leaving. They interacted after that a few times, he was getting busy with some things.

What surprised her, was that Dream suddenly pushed her away, telling her that he never even cared about her, that he was just messing with her. Just when she was seeing him as a friend. And he just left after that. Left her all alone. Was this a mistake to get attached to the criminal? Yes, it was. It fucking was. He heard of him from others, that he's preparing for the final battle against Tommy and Tubbo. She knew that he'd win. Until, one day, that exact day, a certain notification shook her heart.