Chapter 18

Melanie POV

We just left the restaurant, and are on our way to drop me off back home.

We park up outside the house, and Darren turns towards me with a smile on my face. He leans forward and goes to kiss me, but just as he’s an inch away, I yawn. He smiles at me

“Go to bed honey. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He leans down, and softly kisses me one last time.

We both lean away from each other, and I get out the car. I walk up to my front door and stand there waving goodbye to Darren.

I sigh a happy sigh.

I go to unlock my door when I really it’s already ajar. I peek through and still nothing unusual. I call

“Hello? Anyone there? Chase? Michael? Andrew?”

I hear no replies. Meh, they must have gone out and forgotten to lock the door.

Humming, I walk into the house closing the door behind me. I reach across to the light switch, and turn the hallway lights on.

I walk over, hanging my coat onto the banister. I feel a gust of wind ruffle my hair, but I think nothing of it.

Hanging up my bag also on the banister, I start looking for my phone I hear a whisper.

“Melanie…..”

I freeze, and look in front of me to see no one there. I carry on searching through my bag for my phone when I hear a whisper, as if spoken right into my ear.

“Little one.....”

Shaking, I slowly turn around.

I jump, shock running through my whole body as I see my Father standing there, with a smirk on his face looking at me with his cold, calculating eyes.

“Hello there Melanie. Long time no see.”

Frozen, with legs locked, I just stand there unable to move.

Still smirking, looking more evil by the minute, he slowly steps towards me whilst saying

“You know Melanie? Everything was going great. Your Mother was finally gone and I had a chance to make something of my life. But then you had to be nosy and butt into MY business.

All my perfectly laid plans ruined thanks to you. You getting involved with that Darren bloke was the worst thing. You told him and your brothers EVERYTHING.”

All through speaking, his voice got gradually louder till he was shouting at me right in front of my face. He is steadily getting more furious, the anger growing in his eyes.

“You’re going to regret everything my little Melanie.”

I shudder as the fear go through me even stronger than before. Suddenly, I realise I can feel my legs and I turn around and sprint up towards the stairs.

I can hear my Father following me, slowly.

“Little one, no matter how much you run I will find you. It’s like hide and seek when you were little; I’ll even count.

1…..

2…..

3…..”

I sprint along the corridor, and rush into mine and Chase’s room locking it in the process. Gasping for breath, I run across to the window trying to open it, and I can’t; I’m shaking too much.

“4…..

5…..

6…..”

I run into my room, yet again locking the door behind me. Panting, I squeeze myself under my bed.