Chapter Ten : The Manipulator

The hooded pair moved behind an alleyway, the crowd of attendees dispersing into the city, soldiers stationed strategically to capture and arrest whoever they could.

Luckily they were unbothered, given room to breath as the girl let out a sigh.

"October Rain, they don't shy away from using force."

She undid her hood, revealing herself to be Masha, Yahn standing next to her.

"Captain Galil, he had silver hair just like the witch."

"And he's just as suspicious."

Yahn peeked out of the alleyway, able to see soldiers grabbing and throwing people to the ground, hundreds of meters of rope being used to tie and capture members and attendees.

"We should leave soon, it's not safe."

She nodded, the two moving silently through the night, escaping through alleyways and paths. The noise of shouting was audible, people running through the streets away from police and soldiers.

Others fought back, gunfire and civilian weaponry shedding blood, it impossible to tell who was fighting and who was retaliating.

"Yahn!"

She grabbed his arm, pulling him back just in time as a giant mass fell before them.

"An airship!?"

Black paint and red fins dominated the design of the ship, one of the Black Apostate crafts landing right in front of them.

Wind blew them back, giving them time to hide, watching as masked members of the apostate mercenaries stepped off their airship.

Masha mumbled under her breath, watching them run off the moment their sandals hit the floor.

"What are they doing here?"

Yahn pointed out their weaponry which consisted of wooden staffs tipped with iron ends.

"They're not here to kill since they aren't carrying their twin blades, which means..."

They watched as the masked mercenaries charged, spinning their staffs and striking people with the end of the non lethal weapon. The attendees crumpled in pain, made simple targets for soldiers to arrest.

"Should we run?"

"Not yet, look!"

Ahead, Yahn directed her attention towards the front of the airship where the captain of the squadron stood, meeting with a particular person.