Chapter Four : Peach Fuzz

Gray clouds filled the sky, the black scaled airship slowing down as the temple on the mountain vanished beneath them.

Atop the deck stood Nico who stared towards the great expanse that was the landscape of northern Hesha, the many mountains and forests covering the country.

"Nico."

Turning around, Nico kept a hand on the railing, almost fearful of falling as he answered them.

"Oh, number four, what is it?"

Behind him was one of the masked swordsmen, one who wore a ragged cloak over a black qipao dress, the golden threads and embroideries clashing with the twin blades kept on her hips.

The woman stood with her arms crossed, a cold tone escaping from her lips that were hidden behind her mask.

"I have to ask, you had plenty of chances to kill the girl so why didn't you?"

"Well, I..."

"Don't tell me you fell for a girl as charmless as her."

Laughing nervously, he spoke in an embarrassed tone, scratching his chin as he answered.

"I have to admit, she caught me off guard with how cute she was, and also -"

"Enough of that stupid shit."

A loud smack could be heard, number four leaving a fiery red hand print on the monk's face.

"You northern Heshan monks are absolutely worthless, so focused on happiness and enlightenment that you're practically drunk."

"I'm sorry, I -"

"You talk big about how you want to be powerful, but from what I've seen you're just a barking dog. It's a disgrace how you even were given permission to use us as your bodyguards."

Hearing that, Nico squeezed his fist bitterly, arguing back against the masked woman.

"You know I don't mean power literally. Why waste time training when you could just buy soldiers to do your work for you?"

He found himself pushed around, his collar grasped by the girl who was more than disappointed as she answered.

"You could pay me a piece of gold to work for you, but what if I just kill you and take your entire fortune?"

"Well..."

To his surprise, she unbuckled one of her swords, pushing the sheathed blade into his arms before letting him go.