Chapter 7 the final battle

You march down the stairs before Jeff could do or say anything else. As soon as the two of you make it down the stairs, you see the tall faceless man himself. He has Toby, EJ, Sally, and Ben held up in his tendrils. As soon as he sees you and Jeff, he flings the fore captives into the wall. EJ and Toby are knocked out cold, but Sally and Ben just go through it. They disappear for a few seconds, but then they reappear. Before they can do anything, Slender waves a pale hand and some black mist surrounds the two ghost children. When the smoke clears, they are gone.

"Jeffrey, how nice of you to make an appearance. You are looking a bit, healthier since the last time I saw you. Not as, dead as I was expecting, but no matter. You and the rest of your friends shall be dead in just a few minutes" Slender says as his tendrils wave around furiously.

"Yeah well, the world would never be the same without me, so it gave me another chance. I'm sure it wouldn't mind seeing you get destroyed though." Jeff says pulling his knife out and charging at Slender.

As Slender and Jeff fight, you gather up all the pages and our sneeking your way over to the fireplace. One of Slender's tentacles trips you however, and lifts you into the air by the waist. All of the pages fall out of your hands.

"And just what do you think you are doing?" Slender asks as another tentacle wraps itself around your neck.

"Don't you fucking dare hurt her!" Jeff yells.

You are struggling against Slender's grip, but the tendril is becoming tighter, and tighter around your neck, slowly cutting off your air supply.

"Tell me something Jeffrey, what makes this one so special? Is it because she's pretty? Just look at that long curly red hair. Is it because she's cute? She is so short and small. I bet you would have no problem killing her if you wanted to. Such an easy victim. Why didn't you? Is it her personality? Her creativity and caring nature are intriguing to you, aren't they. All of these things are pretty good qualities. Which one do you like best? She loves you so much, for your personality rather than your appearance. Do you love her because she has seen the good in you, the protective you? Or, do you feel an attraction towards her because of her body? Skinny and thin, short and small. Weak, pathetic. Oh, and I have forgot to mention that she is blind. Intriguing, yes, but is it enough to hold your interest? I'm sure her blindness will be useful to you if you do end up killing her. A small, weak little thing that I'm sure the world will barely even miss. What do you say Jeffrey? Should I let you do the honors, or should I?
I could do it so easily right now. She will be a small price to pay for your own life."
"You bastard! My own life means nothing compared to hers! She is so much stronger than you will ever know. She is beautiful, kind, patient, and so protective. She is the most creative person I have ever met, and I would never use her for her body because I love her with all of my heart, mind, and soul. And as soon as she feels comfortable, I will show her just how much I love her with my body as well. I never believed in soulmates, but ever since I've met her I have started to believe in them.
I will never kill her, never. She is my one and only. Now, let her go."
"So, so disappointing. You really should've considered my trade Jeffrey. Her life, for yours. I would even leave the rest of your friends alone as a bonus. You're the best killer amongst them anyway. Oh well. You have made your choice."

And with that, Slender snaps your neck like a twig. It was over before you even realized it.

"Noooooooo!" Jeff screams.

Slender throws your lifeless body towards him. Jeff's knife falls out of his hand as he catches you in his arms before stumbling backwards and falling to the floor.

"No! Please god no! Not her, anyone but her!"

He cradles your lifeless body in his arms. Your head lolls to the right as if you are a broken doll. Tears come flooding out of his unblinking eyes.

"I'll give you one more chance Jeffrey. Join me, or the rest of your friends receive the same fate."
"I'd rather die then be your mindless slave!" Jeff roars.

He puts your body to the side and prepares to fight Slender again. Without giving Jeff the chance to do anything, Slender lifts Jeff into the air and stabs him In the chest, barely missing his heart. Leaving the knife lodged in Jeff's chest, he drops him onto the ground next to you. Gasping for air, Jeff positions himself so he has his arms wrapped around you tightly. With Slender being distracted by you and Jeff, Stephen had once again gathered up all the pages and is now standing next to the fireplace with a match in hand.

"H...hey, faceless freak, this is w...what you get for k...killing my sister!" He yells lighting the match. 

"Noooooooo!" Slender screeches as Stephen throws the match and all of the pages into the fireplace.

They burn up immediately. Toby and EJ regain consciousness as Stephen steps away from the fire. The three of them watch as Slender turns into dust. As soon as he is gone the three of them turn their attention onto you and Jeff. Jeff's  breath's are raspy and barely audible now. He holds you as tight as he possibly can. Silent tears fall down his face, and blood leaks out from the corners of his cut smile.

"I wanted to save her, but I couldn't. Now at least we can sleep for eternity together." Jeff mumbles, shutting your eyelids with his thumb.

"No Jeff, w...we can s...save you, we can save b...both of you, right?" Stephen asks, tears streaming down his face.

Jeff just shakes his head. He moves his head so his lips are barely touching your forehead. He kisses you one last time before taking his last breath.

"No." Stephen cries, burying  his head into Toby's shoulder.

Toby wraps his arms around Stephen comfortingly.

"We would save them if we could, but we can't." EJ says softly.