Chapter 2 the trade

In the morning, around 10 AM, you wake up with a start. Silent tears are streaming down your face. Looking up, you let out a shreak. Sally is standing above you. Her green eyes are wide and she is clutching her old brown bear to her chest.

"Why are you still in the living room Rose? Why are you sleeping with Jeff?" Sally asks giving you and Jeff a strange look.

"Oh, umm, I was just..."

You start getting off the couch, but Jeff Yanks you back down. Being sleepy and cross, Jeff's grip around you increases and he glares at Sally.

"Nothing. Go back to your room."

Sally pouts and nods before walking up the stairs slowly. You and Jeff are alone in the living room now. After five minutes of awkward silence, Toby comes down the stairs. His eyes go wide for a second before giving you and Jeff a playful smirk.

"Oh h...hey guys. I'm a...assuming y...you stayed w...with J...Jeff all n...night?"

Toby finishes his sentence winking at you. Jeff spoke up before you could say anything.

"Yeah, why wouldn't she? Rose is my fucking girlfriend now."
"Oh, w...well c...congratulations. You b...better not hurt h...her Jeff, or else you'll have m...more than a knife wound to worry about."

Your face flushes a deep shade of red when Jeff mentioned the word girlfriend. Toby smiles at you before walking into the kitchen. You are just about to ask Jeff a question when you hear Sally scream from upstairs. Sally runs back downstairs. She is frantic. You and Jeff try to calm her down so you can ask her what is wrong, but you are only able to get two words out of her.

"The Rake."

Tears drip down her face. Sally repeats the words over, and over again. You and Jeff share a worried look. If The Rake is around, then we are as good as dead. An overwhelming sense of dread hangs in the air. You help Jeff get off the couch. Letting Jeff lean on you for support, the three of you get out of the house. You can hear glass breaking from somewhere upstairs as Toby runs out of the cabin after you. The four of you run towards the woods. You know that there isn't any protection in that direction either, but you have no other choice. Because of Jeff's injury, he's going a lot slower than normal. With the pace you are going, The Rake can easily get you.

"OK, we only have two options. One, we continue trying to run and find a place to hide, or two, we try to kill it."
"Well, all this running isn't doing anything to help my fucking side, and I'm not going to just sit around hiding like a little bitch, so lets kill it."
"But how are you going to kill The Rake? A lot of people have tried, but he's hard to kill, isn't he?" Sally asks, clutching on tightly to Toby's hand.

"Don't worry Sally, we will find a way. Toby, did you bring your hatchets with you?" You ask hopefully, looking at Toby.

"N...no I l...left them in the c...cabin. I d...don't think my h...hatchets would do m...much damage anyway."
"Then what are we going to do?" Sally whales.

The cold wind blows your curly red hair away from your face. After another few seconds of thinking your eyes light up.

"Rose, what are you thinking about?"

You squeeze Jeff's arm tightly as a small sadistic smile makes its way onto your face. Seeing a glint of insanity in your eyes, Jeff's own psychotic smile grows whiter.

"Oh, Rose, please tell me you are thinking about using the wood chipper.
"Yep. If you can get the wood chipper turned on, then Toby can use something to knock The rake out to make it easier to shove him into it. I know it will be risky, but I will be the distraction."
"Rose no, you can..."
"What about me? I want to help." Sally interrupts.