Chapter 13: Done

Mrs. Smith is dead. That's it. Dead. Not here. Not alive. Can't call me out. Can't greet me. Can't hug me. She left this world. She's really dead. No matter how many times I say it, there's no way I can believe this man.

Henry turned white and looked sick to his stomach. His voice was very shaky because he knows it's all his fault. And for a fact, it is truly his fault. All of this mess started with him. Everything could be normal if he didn't have to be all selfish and jumping to conclusions.

"K-kylee, look-"

Before he could even finish his damn sentence, I cut him off and yelled at him, "Why the hell you have to kidnap me!? Out of all people me!? You could have at least consider the fact that this woman be worry sick of me! Oh, right, you don't think about anyone else except yourself!"

"Kylee, I'm sorry. I really didn't-"

"Really? That's all you can say? Well guess what Henry Ashterson,  'sorry' won't get her back." Then, hot wet tears came rolling down my face. I can't hold all my feelings in anymore. I just couldn't do it anymore.  Then I looked up to his shocked green eyes and asked once more, "Why me of all people?"

I could tell from his look in his eyes, he didn't know the answer either. All he could barely say was, "I-i don't know."

I turned around so I don't have to face him as more and more hot tears runs down my face.

After a long silence,  Henry's voice barely suggested,  "You can stay at my place. You'll get your own room an-"

I immediately declined the offer saying, "I'll just go find my home with my family.  If not, then I'll just find another home within the area. "

Henry couldn't say anything more after that. With that I take my leave and before I left I told him, "Make sure that the word gets out that we 'broken up'."

I grabbed the remaining things left in my room and pack it in a bag. Then I just started walking without a destination in mind. I have no idea where my old home is. I can't even remember if it was even in this city or was in another city.

It soon became sundown and the wind started to pick up. I began to shiver as I kept on walking to an unknown place. Then I remembered something,  I can go to Mary....but what if she's still upset at me?

Soon, I just found myself at Mary's home. It's strange that I didn't see her parents cars parked in the driveway.  Usually they don't leave her home alone. I walked up the steps unsteadily and extremely nervous on what to say.

What can I say? "Sorry, Henry just broke up with me and the lady that I used to live with died. And let's forget about me ignoring you when you need me the most, can I stay with you?"

No....that's no good. I can't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell.  Before I turned around and began on walking, I heard a surprised voice, "Kylee?"

I turned slowly to see it was Mary. I looked helpless in her eyes. And I was trying to read her eyes if she'll listen to me or not. Then she gave me a hug out of nowhere.

I became shock when she gave me a tight hug. I could feel tears forming on my shirt and making wet stains from her eyes. Before I could say a word, Mary barely muttered, "I-i'm sorry."

I looked at Mary as she release the hug and look up at me. I gave her a warm comforting smile and asked, "For what? You haven't done anything. I have been ignoring you for some time."

"B-but I yelled at you. I'm sorry! I didn't know what came over me. " more tears rolled down her cheeks. I wiped her tears away as she looked up at me and smiled.