Chapter 12: That Girl

Great. I have a Saturday with nothing to do and Mary is completely ignoring me. She has her time completely dedicated to Nathan.... but the strange thing is that she hasn't shown up in any of the issues yet.

As I was in deep thought, Henry stood in front of me. "Hey, change out of your pajamas.  My parents are coming over pretty soon."

I sit up from the couch, "So she's actually going to come over this time?"

"What do you think? " Henry looked at me with a dirty look.

"Yeah yeah. So act lovely dovey tonight. Is there anything specific I need to wear?" I asked.

"There's a dress upstairs with some shoes and you need to do your hair and make up." Henry told me as he started arranging some things.

"And what if I can't do neither of those things? "

"Wait....you're telling me that you don't know how to put on make up or do your hair and you're a girl?" Henry questioned.

"Shut up. I'm not girly girl and plus I didn't live around my mom and the person I lived with didn't have enough money to constantly buy me make up. " I trailed off my words as I stared at the floor.

After a short pause Henry said, "I'll do it for you. Just go get changed. Then just call me over so I can take you to my mom's room to do your hair and make up. "

I nodded as I went upstairs to Henry's room and saw the dress hanging on the closet door. The dress was a plaid pattern with a puffy shoulders and a belt around the waist. The shoes were black Mary Janes.

I took the dress off the hanger and put it on along with the shoes. I stood in front of the mirror and just wearing this, I look like a different person. I never wore something this nice. I actually look like a girl who's going on a date. I wonder how I'll look like with make up and my hair done.

I opened the door and leaned over the railing. "Henry, I'm ready," I called to him.

He got up the seats quickly but as he looked at me, he slowed his pace down a little and studied me. Then quickly looked away and said, "Follow me. "

He walked down the hall, made a turn to more rooms and then stood in front of two giant doors. He opened the door and the room that the doors were hiding was breath taking. His parents' room looks like a room fit for royalty.

Then he opened another door which lead to his mom's dressing room. There was a lever chair and million of make up items along with hair pieces and tools.

I sat down in the chair as Henry did my hair. To end the awkward silence,  I said " What are we going to do after we did scare her away?"

Henry pause for a moment, clearly haven't thought about this. "Well... I'll just drop you off at your house and things will be how they were before."

"And pretend to break up and not talk to each other?" I asked.

"Yeah...." Henry's words trailed off as he continued doing my hair.

"What did you do before I came here?"

"Well, I do everything I do now but without you." He answered.

"Aren't you pretty popular?  Don't you have friends?" I asked out of concern.

Henry paused once more to find the words. "No, not really. I don't have any real friends. Just people who wants to be around me because I'm popular.  And my best friend moved to another state and is too busy with his girlfriend and his new friends that he can't contact with me as much."

Once again, awkward silence. After a while, Henry turned me around to do my make up. I asked him, "How do you know how to do these things?"

"Well, I just observe the people at work and when I was really small, my mom. So I sort of know what I am doing."