17

Lily

Here I am, on a plane, for the second time this week. It's the same as it was before, only cleaner than we left it. Beau had me locked in a different room with Mario and Antonio for some reason. I'm not complaining, though. They're one of the biggest teddy bears, even if they look like they're ready to rip your head off at any given moment. Both big, bald, and with tattoo sleeves, they truly do look scary.

What's weird is, I haven't seen Leon in a minute. Or Chloé. I thought I heard Leon try to get into Beau's room earlier, but Antonio said I must've imagined it. And right now, I can hear Leon fighting with Beau. The only problem is, they speak in Italian, so I don't understand a word they're saying.

Sometimes, when Beau says something, Mario or Antonio breathe in through their teeth, muttering, "that was a good one," or "damn." I've yet to find out why they hate each other and these two guards won't say a thing. But I know they know what's going on between the two of them.

Soon enough the verbal fighting turns into physical. Things start crashing around the room. That's when Antonio and Mario get up and go see what's going on, but they won't let me stroll along, "it's better if you stay here," Mario gives me an apologetic look and I sigh, throwing myself on the sofa, but still trying to peek through the door.

Some Italian muttering later, Mario and Antonio are back, shaking their heads in disbelief. Right behind them, Leon strolls inside with a smile and a black eye on his face.

"Hey," he breathes, sitting next to me. He's wearing a suit, just like always. "I haven't seen you in a while," he smiles.

"What happened to your face?" I furrow my eyebrows. He only nods towards the door, both of us knowing what he meant. Who he meant.

"Are you okay? Beau described me briefly what happened," he gives me an empathetic look and I nod, not really wanting to talk about it. I've thought and talked about it enough for the next year. But something tells me this definitely isn't the last I've heard of it.

"Well he got what he deserved," he mutters and I cock my head sideways.

"What do you mean? What happened to him?"

Judging by the look on his face, he messed up by telling me that. And he knows it. "Oh, nothing for you to worry about," he smiles awkwardly, quickly changing the subject: "so, are you excited to be going to Italy?"

"Yeah, I've never been there, but judging from the pictures, it looks absolutely stunning," I cross my legs on th sofa, turned towards him.

"I can take you on a little tour around the town if you'd like," he offers and I nod.

"I'd like that a lot." I've decided I want to stay with Leon. He's much nicer and I don't think I could ever find a bag of cocaine in his kitchen cupboard. He just doesn't seem like the type to do that.

"Hey, would you mind if I stayed with you from now on? I was told I shouldn't be alone for whatever reason and I'd prefer staying with you than your brother," I offer him a tight-lipped grin, and he nods enthusiastically.

"Of course," the skin wrinkles around his eyes as he smiles, looking at me.

A loud bang erupts from the other room, some things breaking. Leon quickly excuses himself, running to see what happened. Antonio offers me a look that tells me to sit still and ignore it, as he follows him, locking the door behind.

Turning on the TV, I find a movie to watch, so time would fly by quicker. Beau didn't come to see me once, which I expected. But I must say I was a bit disappointed; I truly felt like we bonded last night, but I guess I was wrong.