10

It's been four hours since I got back to my hotel room. Chloé's been calling me, but I don't feel like talking to anyone right now. I know she defended me and all, but the last thing I need is pity.

I haven't felt so useless in a while. No matter what I do, I seem to mess it up somehow. Beau's right, no matter how badly it hurts.

Sitting on my bed, contemplating what I should do, my phone dings. Knowing it's probably from Chloé, I still check it just in case. And thank God I did, because it's from Mr. De Luca, with further information about my next job. It starts at 10pm and thankfully, I get to do it with Leon.

This time I even got information on the men we'll be doing business with. They're all Italian, having wealthy firms all over the world. Their English is wonky, meaning I won't have to speak to them much. And when I will, Leon is probably going to have to translate it for us. He also added they aren't intelligent and tend to overlook things, for some reason. I don't know what's that got to do with anything.

I've still got a few hours to kill, before Chloé comes in here to doll me up. The thought of going somewhere to explore sounds amazing, but I don't know this place at all. And getting lost in France is not on my to-do list.

What I could do, though, is explore the hotel. It's quite a few stories high, with five stars, meaning it has to have some good stuff going on, right?

Taking my card, I get out of the hotel room, so I could clear my mind of everything that's been going on.

Walking down the long hall, I finally take the time to appreciate the ancient architecture of all De Luca buildings. There's 17th century-like arches spreading in front of all the doors. And a bunch of columns planted into the corners of the walls. It really does give you an impression you're a princess in a castle. Especially the magnificent chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, lighting up every room you walk into.

I've noticed they love them, the chandeliers. There's one in each room of the hotel, casino and even one in their own house.

Going into the elevator, I press the only button with a dice next to it, instead of a number. It dings, opening the doors to a floor, built for entertainment purposes.

There's a small stage in the corner of the room, with a slick black piano placed on it, with a microphone stand in the middle. I'm guessing they have small concerts every night for those who are interested. I just might stop by, if the job won't take too long. Or I could go before it.

The thing standing out the most about this room is the fact it doesn't look like the other floors. Or at least mine, I haven't been to any other. Instead of an ancient castle vibe, this one has a typical old Paris-like architecture. It's extremely beautiful.

Opposite to the stage, there's a small, yet luxurious bar, whit all kinds of liquor. It kind of looks like the one in the casino. And next to it, there's another door, halfway hidden behind a curtain, again, just like the casino. There's a sign on it, saying "staff only" in French, Italian and English.

Walking into the next room, I see another big door, a sign on it, saying "pool" in big bold letters. And another door, with the word "sauna" on them.

Wow, this hotel really has it all.

Deciding, I should check the pool out, I go inside, seeing a few people walking around, wearing their swimsuits. Taking a few steps forward, the pool uncovers behind the corner, with a stunning view of the city of Lyon. The window spreads on the entire wall, which is at least 30 metres long.

There's also a little hatch in the wall, allowing people to swim outside on the balcony, looking at the city.

I curse myself under my breath for not bringing any swimsuits with me. I didn't really expect to have a chance to swim anywhere. Now I must buy them here. The only problem is, I don't know where to get them. I'm sure Chloé will show me.