7

The shuffling next to my head wakes me up, seeing Leon rearranging some things on the night stand.

Why is Leon in my room?

I look around, realizing this room is foreign to me. The furniture is all in black and white, including the walls. He sees me looking around, and offers me a worried smile, "hey." His face is warm, the pink patch still on his cheekbone.

Sitting up, I start feeling slight pounding in my head, but not unbearable. Moving the loose strands of hair behind my ears, I look at Leon, confused "where am I?"

"You're at our family's house. We couldn't just leave you in your hotel room after what happened," he sits on the bed, offering me a sympathetic look. Wearing a simple T-shirt and grey sweatpants, I'm guessing he isn't working today. Or at least any time soon.

Everything comes rushing back to me, the pounding in my head only growing stronger. My uncle was there. He found me.

My heart starting to race again, I try taking deep breaths to calm myself down. I can't lose it in front of my boss. "There were some pills in my purse, do you happen to know where it is?" I look around and he nods, standing up and leaving the room. I'm guessing he went to get it.

Seeing the glass of water on the night stand, I take it, gulping it down in the matter of a second. Leon walks in with the purse, giving it to me.

"I'll go refill the glass so you can take the pills," he takes the empty glass from the night stand, but I stop him.

"It's okay. I don't need water to do it," I smile, not wanting him to do anything for me. He's already being too nice by letting me stay in their house.

He furrows his eyebrows, weirded out, as I swallow the painkiller dry.

As the pain slowly reduces, I can start thinking again. The events come rushing back once again, and I jump out of bed, frantically looking around. "He isn't here, is he?" I look under the bed, while Leon stands there, staring at me like I'm crazy. Well, I probably do look crazy right now.

"Hey...calm down," he breathes, "who are you talking about? There's no one here but us," he grabs me by my upper arms, seating me on the bed carefully.

Shaking my head, I don't want to talk about it, "no one. I had a dream, I'm sorry. Just forget about it," I smile, not so convincingly.

I could see he was about to ask additional questions, so I cut him off, "how long was I out?"

"A day," he sighs and I nod. This hadn't happened in a while, so I guess I should've expected it. Especially after what happened in the restroom. That must've triggered it. God, that man was disgusting. I can still feel his hands all over me.

I shudder at the thought that I don't know what exactly happened. The time between me blacking out and waking back up is unknown to me. "What happened yesterday?" I look at Leon carefully, scared of the answer he's about to give me.

"You don't remember?" He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

Shaking my head, I'm embarrassed to admit that I need him to explain everything to me. "Well Beau said you went to the bathroom and when he came to find you, you were stomping on a man's head and kicking him while he was laying on the floor. Beau guessed he tried to rape you, so he let it happen. Until it became too much and he got you away from him, taking care of it..." he trails off, waiting for any reaction from me.

So he didn't do anything to me? Thanks, Arabella. I guess?

"...And then you collapsed on the floor at the casino, looking horrified. Like you saw a ghost or something. I saw you laying there, unconscious, so I took you here. I also called a doctor, to make sure nothing's wrong," he finishes with his explanation, looking worried.