Paradise

"I wasn't gone that long." Dream said while leaning back on his hands. The sun was getting warmer in the noon high.

"It was a good few hours you were gone." Dream didn't respond to Phil, had he really been gone for a few hours. He would have gladly believed a couple or one but a few. He hated it when they implemented time differences.

Once the three that were previously fighting had found their spot on the grass. Downing all the juice, leaving none for Ranboo. He wasn't too worried about it, they looked like they just walked the desert a few times round.

Techno picked up the sounds of the footsteps coming up first. Ranboo smelled it next. Curious as to why Techno was now focusing on the specific spot over the hill, Dream nudged him to say why.

Dream went rigid when he heard the voice. The blonde hair peeked followed by the brown and horns of the other. He heard Tubbo say it was true and he was moving already. Switching to position himself on one knee, his other leg ready to push him forward.

He could tell Tommy knew immediately that it was him. A snarl ripped through the younger, it was ugly and ferocious. Tubbo had flinched and stepped back at the mere energy.

Dream went into overdrive and his body locked up, everything else became a blur of the world. Focusing only on the threat, he heard the things around him and his mind would tell him if there
was another danger.

Ranboo was looking at Tubbo, he hadn't seen the other in a very long time. Having to throw his eyes to Dream who he didn't know if he was ready to kill or run. Dream didn't move, he was a statue and once again Ranboo didn't know if he was even alive.

Tommy ran towards the group, who were still lounging on the grass with the blanket. Although Techno had heard them coming he still wasn't exactly ready for the mad dash.

The blonde had taken out his axe that he carried in his inventory and never took it out. Not once. And still Dream didn't move, in his position he stayed, even his breaths were no longer there.

Techno rushed and barred Tommy from getting to Dream completely. His breath was knocked out of his chest and he coughed through it and started his curses at Dream, even directing some to Techno for daring to stop him.

Finally Techno whispered into Tommy's ear harshly. Tommy was mere feet from reaching Dream. "He would have killed you Tommy."

And so he frantically looked as to how. Dream had his black claws out and shadowed grey veins crawled from them.

Dream was still blurring everything but the neck and face of Tommy. A part of his mind running scenarios of how Tommy would have moved to avoid the attack, all possible ways it could go. All of them having him to make adjustments to get to Tommy's neck, or at least disarm him.

Once Techno felt like Tommy understood that he would not have won any battle with Dream at the moment, he let the blonde fall away from his arm. Dream didn't move until Tommy stepped back slightly.

He stood up to his height quickly and modified his feet so they would be able to stand the force of an attack. Dream declawed the black spikes but the veins still danced on his arms.

Tubbo was jogging to the group, hesitantly standing next to Tommy. That went away when he saw the tallest and practically crashed into him. Ranboo having to dig his feet to the ground to keep the both of them from falling.

Dream maneuvered his way to the side of the group, a distance from everyone. He was now suspecting everyone of potential threats. Techno left Tommy with Phil so he could babysit him and cautiously joined Dream on the side lines.