New issue

[The data in your memory has been restored, do you want to see it?]

Seeing that this prompt was still here, Jin-Woo knew that he could get his answers later. Right now, he had a much bigger problem to deal with.

Hunter Woo Jin-Chul hadn't opened his eyes yet and Jin-Woo was getting worried.

Over time, he had come to consider this A-rank hunter as his friend and he had never seen this man show any weakness whereas right now, he was lying motionless on the ground.

Jin-Woo decided to get him some medical attention when he noticed the hunter's bleeding knuckles. This man has spent too much of his energy and even injured himself to help Jin-Woo.

Jin-Woo was pleased with Jin-Chul's actions although he didn't like the fact that the other was currently unconscious due to him.

He was about to call Igris to carry the unconscious hunter when another system prompt flashed in front of his eyes.

[The host has spent too much energy, you won't be able to use any of your powers until you have rested enough.]

Just then, Jin-Woo noticed his fatigue. He had spent too much energy fighting and now, his body didn't have the required strength to call even the weakest of his shadow soldiers.

So, he decided to pick up the unconscious hunter by himself. Lighting Woo Jin-Chul's arm, Jin-Woo supported him with his shoulder.

"Damn it. Hunter Woo, did you have to be so tall?" Jin-Woo said as he struggled to support the taller hunter on his shoulder.

Finally managing to support Jin-Chul properly, Jin-Woo dragged both of them towards the exit.

But stepping out, Jin-Woo noticed something strange. A strange fog was covering the exit.

And Jin-Woo slowly grew lethargic the more he walked into the fog. He managed to start the S.O.S device on Jin-Chul's suit.

He had forgotten that he couldn't use any of his powers meant that his poison resistance was absent too.

'Will we die here? I'm sorry Hunter Woo, I wasn't able to get you to safety and even dragged you into this mess.' Was the last thought that Jin-Woo had before he lost his consciousness.

。。。

When Jin-Woo came back to his senses, he was in a dark dungeon, locked in a cell. He noticed Hunter Woo a few steps away from him, still unconscious.

"If I was you, I wouldn't approach him." As soon as Jin-Woo started to approach the unconscious Hunter, he heard a voice from the cell near them.

He turned in the direction of the voice and noticed a young man sitting in the cell.

"Why?" Jin-Woo asked him as this man had stopped him from approaching and helping his friend.

"Well, considering you didn't have any reaction to that powder, I am assuming that you're an Omega."

Jin-Woo was surprised. How was this man so sure that he's an Omega? He could have been a Beta too.

Noticing Jin-Woo's surprised look, the man continued "I was able to deduce that because that drug makes the Alphas go crazy, the Betas usually stay unconscious for three days and it doesn't have much effect on Omegas. And judging from the pheromones emitted by that man, he must be an Alpha, it would be better if you stay away from him or you might lose your life."

"How do you know all this? Who are you?" Jin-Woo grew even more suspicious of this man.

"Well, I am Choi Yong-Soo, nice to meet you." He nodded towards Jin-Woo. "And as for how I know that, well you see, I have been here for a long time. They always bring new batches of people when the previous ones are killed."

Before Jin-Woo could ask any further questions, he heard a growl coming from the previously unconscious Jin-Chul.

Looking into the Alpha's eyes, it was evident that he couldn't recognise anyone and it didn't help that Jin-Woo was using a suppressor to prevent his pheromones from being detected.

As soon as Jin-Woo moved, the Alpha's eyes were locked onto him and he seemed to have grown aggressive.

Suddenly, Jin-Woo's neck was grabbed by the hunter and his air supply was being cut off at a rapid pace. He needed to do something otherwise he might die! He could throw Hunter Jin-Chul away but he might accidentally hurt the man so he had to think about something else.

Time was running out and the Alpha's grip was tightening with each passing second.

'There's no other option. I'll have to do this.'

A/N: so this marks the end of the mass-produced chapters that I had on my device. After this, the updates will be sporadic depending on when I have the motivation to write. (You will get another chapter tomorrow probably).

I know this chapter is particularly small but I hope you liked it.

\(o^ 。^o)/