The fight (2)

"Now, It's time to worship god."

'Damn it. Somebody needs to sew that thing's mouth shut.' Thought Jin-Chul as he and Jin-Woo rushed forward to destroy more of the statues.

During all this mess, Jin-Chul had managed to get his hands on a decent sword which was now being used to destroy these mounds of stone.

At this moment, the same thought was running through Jin-Woo's and Jin-Chul's head as they tried to run away from a new disastrous wave of statues.

'There's no end to these statues.'

Jin-Chul was surrounded and the statues were closing in on him when suddenly the smaller statues started hovering above the ground and then crashed into each other. The confused Jin-Chul glanced at Jin-Woo only to see him using ruler's authority on these statues.

Right at that time, Jin-Chul noticed that the larger statue's eyes were glowing. Sensing it's intentions, Jin-Chul reacted without thinking and pulled Jin-Woo into his arms to shield him from the flames that erupted just a second later from the statue's eyes.

As soon as the flames died down, Jin-Chul let go of Jin-Woo and although he was very much inclined to apologise for not taking consent before he touched Sung Jin-Woo, he decided ot d that later.

Uttering a small "thank you" to Woo Jin-Chul, Jin-Woo moved towards the larger statue head on.

The statue lifted it's leg and stomped on the place where Jin-Woo was standing just a moment ago. This scene made Jin-Chul's heart stop, his blood ran cold and his face lost all colour. Hunter Sung isn't dead right? He must be perfectly alright. He has to be alright, he's Sung Jin-Woo, the boy who has always lived his life on the verge of death.

A satisfied yet fear inducing smile spread across the statue's face as it removed it's leg from the place where it had crushed Jin-Woo.

But the smile suddenly vanished when it noticed Jin-Woo rushing towards it once again. The statue's eyes started glowing once again.

Jin-Chul desperately wanted to help but he knew he couldn't do anything so he decided to keep destroying the smaller statues so that they won't hinder Hunter Sung Jin-Woo.

Jin-Woo noticed the glowing eyes too. He knew that another fatal beam was about to erupt. So he increased his speed so that he could reach the statue's blindspot before the beam hits him.

Jin-Woo narrowly avoided the beam erupting from the statue's eyes but Jin-Chul wasn't so lucky, he was grazed by the beam as he noticed it too late.

When Jin-Woo saw that his partner was hit by the beam, he wanted to ask for his well-being but if he spoke, he would disclose his position sooner than he intended to.

But Jin-Chul seemed to know what Jin-Woo was thinking as the next moment, Jin-Woo saw Jin-Chul raising his hand with a thumb's up, indicating that he was alright but without specifying any direction so the statue was still clueless about Jin-Woo's position.

Jin-Woo noticed a slight difference in himself, it seemed as though he has grown faster than the last time he used his speed.

'Well, that's a good thing, I can use it to my advantage' thought Jin-Woo as he once again got ready to hit the large statue.

But his movements had disclosed his position on the statue's shoulder. Although Jin-Woo didn't care about that anymore since he knew that he was more than powerful enough to do substantial damage.

Jin-Woo attacked the statue using 'One-thousand cuts' but to his surprises, the skill that managed to kill the rest of the statues only left a scratch on this one.

So, Jin-Woo decided to change his strategy, he saw that this statue had many cracks and Jin-Woo decided to use them to his benefit.

Aiming for a crack on the statue's jaw, Jin-Woo used his full strength to land a hit, leaving some serious damage on that area.

"So you've countered my creation in such a way." The flying statue provided it's completely unnecessary commentary once again and was ignored by both Jin-Woo and Jin-Chul as they continued on with their share of the work.

Hitting on the same place for many times finally paid off, the statue crumbled.

And Jin-Woo started to fall, before he could even get his balance back, he was caught in Hunter Woo's arms who gently landed them both on the ground before letting go of Jin-Woo.

"I am sorry for touching you without permission hunter-nim, I was too worried and acted on an impulse. I wasn't looking down on your skills, please excuse my indecency." Said Jin-Chul, bowing deeply towards Jin-Woo.

To say that Jin-Woo didn't like this sincerity would be the lie of the century, he smiled lightly before assuring Jin-Chul that it's alright.

"It's ok Hunter Woo, you don't have to apologise to me all the time, your intentions were pure so I won't blame you."

Jin-Chul let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness, he didn't manage to get his relationship with Hunter Sung in a strain due to his mindless actions.

After this interaction, they once again focused their attention on the remaining statues which weren't that many to start with as Jin-Chul had already destroyed most of them.

But this time, Jin-Chul didn't have to do anything as Jin-Woo took care of all of them by himself using Ruler's Authority.

This fight had helped Jin-Woo reach another level, he could feel it even though the system didn't give him any prompts.

"Amazing"

Suddenly clapping sounds were heard from the previously floating statue, it had now landed on earth again. And Jin-Chul had never felt an urge this intense to beat someone up as the one he was having right now. But he knew that he wasn't a match for this monster so he could only reign his urge and focus on the conversation between Sung Jin-Woo and the statue.

"Keep your promise."

"Hahaha, the test isn't over yet. Look I'm still standing aren't I?" As the statue smiled, many small stones tumbled down from the cracks on it's face.

"I'm the final test." The statue said as it extended it's arms out as if it wasn't much noticeable before and extending it's arms out will help it be seen.

Jin-Chul didn't blame the statue for it's actions as it really wasn't getting any spotlight because of Hunter Sung's beauty.

"But we don't want you to cheat do we? I think I'll just have to remove the help you might get." As soon as the statue said so, Jin-Chul felt all the strength leaving his body and the exhaustion caught on. He stumbled, falling face first towards the ground. The last thing that Jin-Chul felt was a pair of strong arms supporting him and a sweet smell of lavender.

'Hunter Sung smells just like the emotions he triggers in someone's heart.' Thought Jin-Chul as he lost his consciousness.