The fight (3)

Seeing that Jin-Chul wasn't responding to anything, Jin-Woo got distressed. He looked at the statue and shouted,"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?"

"Oh, don't worry, he's just asleep for now but if you don't defeat me...your and his hearts will stop soon."

As soon as the statue said this, a prompt appeared in front of Jin-Woo with a time limit of ten minutes.

Making sure that Woo Jin-Chul was safe, Jin-Woo headed towards the statue once again.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I told you that was a silly question. Fine,I'll answer you. Me? I am the creator of the system are you satisfied with my answer?" The system and the statue spoke at the same time.

As soon as the statue finished it's monologue, it's wings transformed into hands as it dashed towards Jin-Woo.

Before Jin-Woo could react, he was hit with two of the statue's arms and the next thing he knew, he was throwing up blood after being slammed into the wall.

He saw the statue aiming another hit but this time, he was ready and managed to deflect easily.

All the next attacks of the statue were easily deflected by Jin-Woo.

"What a surprise! You're exceeding my expectations!"

As soon as the statue said so, it managed to land a hit on Jin-Woo's face.

Avoiding it's next rain of fists, Jin-Woo punched the statue in it's guts. And the statue was thrown a few feet away.

Even though it managed to stop before hitting the walls, it had still sustained a substantial damage.

"Who knew that fights against humans would be so interesting? Not once in my long life did I ever believe that a human could be a worthy opponent. How interesting"

The statue grinned. With it's mask half broken and the stone eyeball being visible, it painted a nightmare inducing image.

"Architect, you still haven't answered a single one of my questions. About why you designed the system, why was I chosen as a player and what's happening to the world."

"Do you want an answer? I see...you might be thinking that your questions won't be answered if you kill me."

"Are you trying to attack me from a distance?" The statue had noticed his actions, he was truing to divert the statue's attention so that ruler's authority could be used easily.

"It's pointless." As soon as the statue said this, a rain of stones headed towards Jin-Woo. The statue could use the  same skills as him which meant that his long ranged attacks were useless too.

"It doesn't matter. Whether you kill me or not...the answer that you will receive has already been decided from the moment that I designed everything!" It spoke once again with many weapons materialising in it's hands.

"How were you able to plan everything? And how were you able to give me this kind of power?" Questioned Jin-Woo.

"I didn't choose you, it was the opposite. I was simply the designer of the player leveling system. My plan is perfect. Let us fight to the utmost in the remaining time!" The architect said as it rushed towards Jin-Woo once again, this time, it was flying.

Jin-Woo rushed towards the statue too, he had noticed that he didn't have much time left and the fastest way to defeat this monster was by facing it directly. He can't lose, his and Hunter Jin-Chul's life depend on him.

Jin-Woo increased the intensity of his attacks. He noticed that his power had increased even more than before. He was able to see all the attacks of the architect.

"To make me struggle even if this is a fake body! I see. There's a reason why you were chosen. It's just a little bit but he has it. You're just a mere human. HOW DARE YOU!!" The architect seemed to have lost it's senses as it continued to scream incoherent things at Jin-Woo.

Using his daggers, Jin-Woo managed to cut of the statue's limbs before it could do anything else. Although one of it's intact arms managed to land a hit on Jin-Woo.

Jin-Woo's anger flared up as he became more ruthless in his attacks.

"I lost. The test is over." the Architect finally admitted defeat.

"The answer is inside you."

As soon as the Architect said this, a system prompt appeared before Jin-Woo: [The data stored in your memory will be retrieved. Do you accept?]

"I will give you the choice" said the architect.

Jin-Woo was struggling. On one hand, he could get the answers to all his questions while on the other hand, he could finish the architect.

"No. I don't accept it." He chose human life over getting answers as he knew that the architect couldn't be trusted to not harm Woo Jin-Chul as soon Jin-Woo's attention was diverted.

The architect seemed baffled by his denial. Then it started screaming once again,"YOU MERE HUMAN, HOW DARE YOU HINDER THE KING'S DECENT TO THE EARTH!!!"

As soon as it said that, the statues started to move again,"HAHAHA. IF YOU KILL ME, NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP MY PUPPETS. WILL YOU STILL KILL ME?"

"What if I kill you first and then your puppets?" Jin-Woo challenged.

"If you kill the creator of the system..."

"I could go back to being an E-Grade Hunter? I've thought about that too. But even if the creator of the system disappears...the system that's already been created won't fall apart." Said Jin-Woo.

Fear and astonishment was clear in it's eyes. "IF IT'S COME TO THIS, I'LL DESTROY...!!!" Before the architect could complete it's sentence, a system prompt greeted them: [The system has blocked the creator's access.]

[The system has blocked the creators' access.]

Sung Jin-Woo smirked looking at this prompt, the architect's creation was going against it.

"HOW CAN THE SYSTEM?!"

"Yes, I've thought about that too, I said I'll devour the system and I did. It seems that your design had flaws." With that, Jin-Woo dealt the final blow on the architect, effectively destroying it's body.

"NO! SHADOW MONARCH, HOW COULD YOU?... THE PREDICITON... NO.....THE PROPHECY...When the pillars of fire are build to uphold the heavens, an inevitable death shall find you." Said the Architect as it faded from existence.

"Sure."