𝑰 𝒍𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼

He nodded,

Neil: Yes.

She chuckled sarcastically, almost disappointed in him as she prepared to free her hand and walk away but he continued to talk.

Neil: Not because you're bad. Because you choose bad.

Avni: What do you mean?

He left her hand and looked away, trying to make words, enough words so that he could explain what he was thinking.

Neil: I mean that you go after wrong people, bad people. You went after that jerk..

Avni: I go after wrong people?

He was stern on his thoughts and what he said to her so he remained adamant.

Neil: Yes. You pick bad men one after the other aur phir unhe allow karti ho to take you for granted. And then you blame yourself for being hurt.

Neil added, angrily.

Neil: It's been a cycle. Humesha aisa hi hota hai. And I'm just standing there watching everything like an idiot.

Suddenly he was yelling at her and she couldn't understand what had gotten into him out of nowhere.

Avni: What do you want me to do? It's all my fault now? Abhi do minute pehle toh tum kuch aur hi keh rahe the..

Neil: I'm not talking about him. He's an asshole I know..

She snapped,

Avni: then what? What are you talking about?

Neil sighed and shook his head in disbelief.

Neil: Don't be innocent. You know what I'm talking about..

Avni: No I don't. I really don't know what you're talking about.

Neil: Me. I'm talking about me.

There was silence, Avni was quiet and he was too. Just standing in front of their houses in the dark and looking at each other's faces. She blinked, not because it was a surprise and she had no idea. But because she never expected him to say this right now, after a long tiring and shitty day.

Instead she asked softly,

Avni: What about you?

He smiles out of disbelief, shifting his gaze down to the wet grass.

Neil: Seriously? Ab tum pretend karogi that you don't know?

Avni looked away.

Avni: I know but..

He stepped up and held both of her arms.

Neil: But what Avni? Why are you ignoring this? You know I love you. I've always been in love with you ever since we've known each other..

He continued,

Neil: Par nahi. You'd rather go out with trashy guys but not me. Kyun?

Avni: Kyunki I can't..

Neil said a little louder this time, at least louder than her.

Neil: Why not? You're ready to get hurt but you can't accept me?

She just chuckled sarcastically.

Avni: Oh and you won't hurt me?

Neil didn't exactly answer that but she continued.

Avni: Kis basis pe keh rahe ho ki any other guy would hurt me and you will not? How are you better than them?

This time, she grabbed his hands and pulled them down off her arms.