Neil and His friend

Faith is something that brings you to believe what's there for you, somewhere, but you haven't found a way to achieve yet. And it certainly doesn't make anything easier, rather just means that it's possible.

Ali nodded, apprehending the calming words from her earplugs then looked away outside the coffee shop. It was around 3 in the afternoon, one of the quietest times in a day to enjoy her company, maybe a book or music as not a lot of people came to the coffee shop at that time of the day. Besides, Greensville was a very small town just a few hours away from New York. Even the biggest crowd in the town would be the smallest of what we see in the cities. It was a close knitted place to be in and everyone nearly knew the other residing in the town. Ali takes out the earplugs seeing NEIL approaching the coffee shop with a woman, who takes a seat in one corner as they talk and laugh about something until he excuses himself to come up and give the order. Ali was sure surprised to see him now because he never came at this time of the day, not for coffee at least.

Ritik: Two coffees please?

Ali just stands there, gawking at him suspiciously. He looks up at her, quite uncertain himself and smiles a little.

Neil: What?

Ali: What are you doing here?

He chuckled softly, with his baby like lips curving into a tiny smile. Neil looked best when he was clueless, and confused because suddenly there used to be a softness in him.

NEIL: Getting coffee..

Ali: Now?

Neil: Yes, now. I can't have coffee now?

Ali gave a wry look, pretty doubtful.

Ali: You can. You just never come during the day..

He glanced far behind him, at the woman sitting and strolling her eyes around the place as if it was an alienated, outside world or something. Ali could clearly tell she was looking down at this place.

Ali: And who is that?

Neil glanced back then at Ali again, smiling and telling her as he put his arms on the counter.

Neil: That would be Ruby. My date.

Ali: What happened to Ishika?

Neil: Nothing. Everything's fine with Ishika

Ali: Then..

he expected him to complete the sentence, while pouring out two cups of coffee.

Neil: Then what?

Ali: When did you meet Ruby?

Neil: This morning.

Ali stared at him, keeping the tray on the counter. Well, Neil had quite a reputation in the town, and that would be of a player. Like a guy you would never see with the same girl ever again. Ali along with the rest of the town sure believed he was a nice person, he was kind and helping, someone who would always offer a hand in town matters and everyone absolutely adored him. However, when it came to his love life, he was a jackass. His parents left India when he was a kid and moved to New York where his father owned an insurance company. Eventually they shifted to Greensville and after a few years his father passed away, followed by her mother as well in the next few years. It was unfortunate and sad how lonely Neil had gotten after his parents but then he pulled himself up, tried his best to save his father's insurance firm and built a decent life for himself.

Ali sighed and murmured annoyingly.

Ali: You broke up with Ishika too, didn't you?

NEILwas offended,

NEIL: Hey, who said I broke up with her? Didn't I just say everything is fine with Ishika?

He leaned closer to whisper, making sure Ruby didn't hear them.

Neil: She's back at my place. Probably sleeping and that's why I cannot take Ruby there, Okay?

Neil continued, picking up both the coffee mugs to finally get back to Ruby.

Neil: Now if you excuse me, I can get back to my date.

He almost left and she softly cursed him.

Myra: Die jerk!!

Neil: Sure. If you come along..

Neil faked a smile and she contorted her face in a mocking way.
I hope u will like this part... please comment and votes and please follow me
On Wattpad and on IG: @sparklingxstaredits
Stay stunned
Lots of love 😊