PART -10 (Feeling pain for each other)

She warned him.

Avni: neil.. I'm not giving you anything. Go!

Neil: I'm asking for your help..

Avni: And I'm saying that I'm not gonna help you.

There was silence for a while but then he said.

Neil: Acha, samajh gaya. You don't want me to have sex..

Avni scoffed at his silliness.

Avni: And why wouldn't I?

Neil: Because you want me to have sex with you..

She groaned,

Avni: God! You're so irritating..

Avni went back inside and got him an entire pack.

Avni: Ye lo. And you know what? Go nuts the entire night.

She almost threw at him but he asked her to wait.

Neil: Ruko.. mundi toh nikaalne do..

Nel stepped back and she threw the box inside. He picked it up and said, showing it to her.

Nei: Got it. Thanks for the condoms, you're awesome!

Avni: Oh my god, will you stop saying condoms in the middle of the night?

Neil: Kyun? You get turned on?

She breathed deeply trying to calm herself then warned him.

Avn: I'm going to sleep neil. Ab tumne mujhe disturb kiya na toh main tumhare ghar mein ghus ke tumhe marne wali hoon. And I don't care what condition you're in then, you get it?

He giggled and nodded.

Neil: Awww. So sweet.

Avni: Oh shut up!

She just shut the window. Neil closed his too and kept the box of protection aside as he already had at home but it was pretty entertaining seeing avni annoyed. He just laughed and switched off the lights to finally go downstairs.

...............................................................

One evening neil was coming back from a football match in the town and it was getting dark now. On his way, he saw ali outside his coffee shop who yelled at him.

Ali: You suck!!!

Apparently, they had lost the match to the neighbouring town and ali was there to witness it. Only he wondered how he got back so soon. He smiled and waved back at him. Ali went inside the shop and he kept walking past the bus stop, the supermarket and then the town's library. It was awfully quiet today or maybe he was tired and today's match had put him in a bad mood. Suddenly he heard some noises. He looked right ahead and it was avni and her boyfriend Rahul. They were arguing about something and neil didn't know if he should go further. So he stopped at a distance but wasn't really able to tell what they were talking about. It wasn't clear. Rahul was trying to explain something,Neil made out with hand gestures. Then Avni holds his hands and he pulls away, again saying something angrily. He could tell with his body language that RAHUL was being a jerk but even if he wasn't, Neil would have considered so anyway. Because of course AVNi was an angel for him, she couldn't do anything wrong in his opinion. Which was again obviously not true, she was mere human like everybody else but it was what Neil's conjuncture said.

Rahul steps away and gets in his car. Avni was still talking but he didn't listen. Instead he drove away leaving her hurt and alone. For a while she just stood there then sat on the seat by the footpath. Neil took a deep breath before going up to her but he knew he had to. He took off his cap and crumbled it in his hands in disappointment. This day couldn't be worse anymore, he thought and walked up to her. But not too close, he just stood in front of a street light, a few feet away from her. Avni sniffed and looked up at him. She could see he was sorry for her so she just smiled a little, probably sarcastically trying not to cry or grab a lot of sympathy.