5. What did that person just write?

Face it, comments make you happy. They make you happier than votes. But... you might not always get comments. Here's why:

Reasons:

1. Less readers: If you have less readers, chances are, that you might not get many comments. Actually, chances are you might not get any comments. 

2. You don't respond: Come on! If someone takes out their time to comment on your book, at least REPLY to them. It's extremely rude not to.

3. Your chapters are tiny: Trust me, a chapter with 2500 words will OBVIOUSLY get more comments than a chapter with 200 words.

Solutions:

1. Read, vote, and comment on other's books.

2. Lengthen your chapters.

3. Reply back.

4. Keep writing.

5. Follow people.

Rules:

1. Be polite: You need to take care of this. You can't write anything in the comments. Don't use words like f--k, or s--t, or even b-tch and sh!t. They all come under offensive comments, and someone else (or the author), might mute you.

2. Don't criticize: Never put up negative comments on someone's book. Constructive criticism is okay, but plain rudeness might dampen someone's morale. Make sure to keep your message as understandable as possible.

3. Don't spam: As an author, the worst thing is spam. Every day, I get about 1k notifications and it's VERY annoying when a person promotes their story in your book MULTIPLE TIMES. Of course, you can delete their messages, but that's extra work nobody likes to do.

4. Don't put up inappropriate messages: Many accounts on Wattpad belong to minors, so keep in mind not to write something offensive/inappropriate. 

That's it, I guess.
⇝ Ani out!