4. Votes

Inspiration and motivation.

Why do you have fewer votes?

1. Your book has less chapters: The more the chapters, the more the votes. A book with 200 chapters will obviously have more votes than a book with one chapter. Though, trust me, I saw a book with two chapters and 2M votes so... But that's pure luck. Like you have a 1% chance out of 1000000 to ever have that. Lucky author. 

2. Your writing is meh: Forgive my bluntness, but seriously, you just cannot write a book like-

"I woke up in the morning and I was happy. Today I was going to the mall with the popular girls. I took out my clothes and my keys to my Lamborghini. I loved my car. I went to school"

No, please no. I couldn't write worse than this, and you should've gotten the point till now. You should never ever tell a story. It describes the activities of a character. You can't write sentences that are grammatically incorrect or are scattered thoughts in your mind. Improvement is key.

3. You aren't appreciating the readers: Readers take their time to vote on your book. You need to thank them once in a while. Also, keep in mind that the limit of voting on boos per day is 100. If a reader votes on your book. You thank them, don't forget.

How to increase votes:

1. Read other's books: The best way to get someone's attention, read and vote on their book. Why? Because they will surely notice you! Tell them what you liked about their book and if they could check out yours. There's a high chance that they will do it.

2. Promote your book: Now, don't just go to anyone's profile. Go to the people who've recently followed you. Discreet way: "Hey, thanks for the follow, hope you enjoy my book!" Un-discreet way: "Please read my book, here's the link:" So yeah, thank them for the follow and drop a hint that you want them to read your book.

3. Increase the number of chapters in your book: For god's sake, it isn't that hard. Don't write one chapter and mull over the fact that you don't have many votes. Just don't. Write new chapters. Every day, alternate days, twice a week, once a week, up to you. But don't let your book go on hiatus.

Hope this helped! Do check out my main book, Elements. Love, Anastacia.

Next up:
↬ Comments