CAUGHT IN THE ACT

LADS WE'RE NUMBER ONE IN #ACKLEYBRIDGE

warning : this chapter is pretty boring but also not very skipable either cause it's all essential to the plot, i'm so sorry LOL the next few will be better !

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
we're the sinners
and the blessings
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

cory's lips melted into mine so softly but passionately, finally releasing my arms from where he'd pinned them so i could wrap them around the back of his neck and play with the hair on the nape of it. i giggled as i pulled away for breath, admiring his swollen smirking lips and the mischievous glinting in his eyes.

"we're not doing this here," i told him, putting my hands up to his chest to tidy up his tie. "they'll come looking for us soon for not being in class. i don't want them callin ya dad."

a look of disdain came across his face as i mentioned his dad, cheeky eyes turning cold. instantly i felt stupid for bringing him up, but something about his face made me think something else was wrong. i didn't want to ask though, assuming he'd tell me when he was ready. he sighed, pulling my hair out from the once neat ponytail that he'd ruined somewhere along the past five minutes. he stroked my hair gently, neatening it up a bit, just about to reply when —

crash.

our hands flew off of each other and my head shot to the side immediately, looking in the direction of the loud clattering noise, heart beat picking up and feeling my cheeks get hot. nothing was there — it must've been around the corner.

"shit," someone muttered under their breath. i snapped my head to cory, panic in my eyes as we both shared an 'oh fuck' look.

'what do we do' i mouthed desperately, shoving cory forward a little. we'd been partially hidden, my locker was down a separate corridor that you had to turn off to get down, but i was still panicking and dead embarrassed.

"hello?" my boyfriend called down the hall, his voice echoing off the empty walls. he slowly began to approach the corner as a quiet scrabbling noise could be heard. i silently caught up with cory, grasping his hand for moral support as we gradually neared the source of the noise. we took one last look at each other before turning the corner, and a second later, bursting out laughing.

naveed, sprawled on the floor, books scattered all around him, red in the face and — oh god — half a stiffy in his pants.

"look away, look away!" he exclaimed, grabbing a book to cover himself with, and in amongst howling with laughter i only half covered my eyes, just to watch him squirm.

"mate, what ya doin?" cory asked, trying to contain the laughter but took one look at me and it came exploding out of him, to the point where we were bent double and laugh-crying into each other, leaning on one another for support. for that moment, i felt elated again, and in fact just being in cory's presence had stopped me from letting guilt over mr quereshi eat me up, at all.

"uh, excuse me, what's all this commotion?" mrs carter said, turning the corner, we must've not heard her heels clicking over all our laughter. "you lot, why aren't you in class?"

i couldn't even begin to explain myself, not the real situation anyway, and so i let the lies start rolling off of my tongue before i could even think about what i was saying. "sorry, miss, it was just that cory and i realised how late we were — we got caught up, you see, cause he had a nose bleed so i had to go sort him out — and then we started running to class because we didn't want a phone call home, and we ran into naveed here, and he collapsed, and it was just...funny," i blurted out, half the words jumbling together because of the speed i was pelting them out at.