LET DOWNS, COMEBACKS

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
all the good girls go to hell
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"oi, missy!" i shouted, pulling my bag up over my shoulder as i ran after her. late, me? never. "y'alright?" i asked, nudging her as i finally caught up.

"uh, yeah, yeah, you know me!" she smiled, and i admired her at least trying to sound happy through whatever it was she were clearly upset about.

"yeah, i do, what's up?" i asked, taking the apple from her blazer pocket and throwing it up in the sky, playing catch with it.

"that's my food, you know," she laughed, staring at it as i threw it around.

"the day missy booth eats an apple is the day i see you and nas separated," i replied.

"well then, pass it here!"

"what's that s'posed to mean?" i asked, taking a bite as we walked through the school gates.

"d'you know what, probably nothin. i should catch up with her actually, do you mind?"

"catch ya later," i mumbled through my full mouth, stepping away from her in search for someone else to talk to. one thing i hated was silence.

"well i never, jordon in school on time?" i snorted, approaching where he sat on the table of a bench, staring off into the distance.

"could say the same, ell," he smirked, clasping his hands together.

"hardly, i had to run," i replied as the bell went. "you coming to english or what?"

"if you wanna tell me what's going on between you and my brother."

"nowt," i shrugged, tossing the apple in the nearest bin. "he ate some of mama mias special spaghetti," i said in an exaggerated, bad italian accent, pulling jordon up from the bench so we could walk to class. "must be good if he's come home talking about it."

"nah, it's not like that. dad was askin him where he's been cause he came home late, askin if he's been with a girl, safe sex and..you get it, right? he was all proud of himself telling me i better watch out for you, right little whore, arent ya?"

"is it?" i replied, nonchalant to the name calling. "least i didn't get knocked up, though, eh?"

"don't say that," he muttered, scuffing his shoes on the gravel.

"don't call me a whore then! one rule for some. look, you know i love ya, jords, so don't start spewing shite now yeah? romeo and juliet won't read itself," i chuckled, shoving him into the class room.

around half way through the lesson, some drunk girl i didn't recognise came stumbling through. "mum!" she exclaimed, but it looked like she was seeing double.

"this'll be good," i whispered to razia, glancing at mrs carter who wasn't particularly happy with me right now. sure enough, this 'chloe' girl lunged forward, miss keane only just about catching her sick with the bin. i grimaced, but something deep inside me was loving the drama.

____________________

"thought i ate your apple, or am i as drunk as the new girl?" i laughed at missy as she played with a fresh one in her hands, contemplating something nervously.

"will ya come with me?" she asked, snapping her head toward me with her big blue eyes.

"i mean, not to the edge of a cliff, no," i snorted, pulling her out of the canteen. "but if you're just following nas, of course."

"you're a prick, you."

"not as much as that alya girl," i argued, linking my arm with missy. "i shouldn't have said what i sad about apples, it looks like a bad omen now!"

"are ya ready?" she asked, breathing in deeply as she looked at the door to the sixth form room.

"missy, love, are you?" i chuckled. "this is your room as much as it is there's, i'm just here for the ride."

"do i look confident? do i look sexy?"

"oh, come on," i rolled my eyes, pushing into the room.

"seriously, what's so good about in here? you got a coffee machine which is impressive and everything, but it's still school," missy said mouthily, her over the top personality doing her favours for the first time ever. maybe not, actually, it was a bit rude. and i loved it.

i spotted my fuckbuddy, or fuckbuddy according to a certain someone, eyeing us up as we strutted in. he sent me a wink, which i predictably rolled my eyes at, going over to said coffee machine just to have something to do other than stand around like a lemon.

i ignored their conversation, which seemed to be a lot of missy and hardly any of the girls whose names i didn't quite catch, before i heard myself get dragged into it.

"that sierra girls not even supposed to be in here," one of them grumbled, eyeing me up and down like just me being in the same room as her was too much for her to take.

"oi, don't be harsh," 'fuckbuddy' warned her off as i took a purposefully loud slurp of my coffee.

"can't fight your own battles, cotton candy?"

"oh, so you are talking about me! sorry, my ears tend to block out the sound of bratty voices, and considering you can't even get my name right...well, anyway, i'd rather be known as cotton candy than human headache."

they collectively took in a gasp, nas rubbing her temples like i'd said something completely out of order, but missy was smiling proudly.

"i wouldn't talk about me like tha—"

"yeah, yeah, who's the one holding a hot drink?" i snarled. "come on, missy, clearly we've got better things to do."

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
song
all the good girls go to hell
- billie eilish
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙