TO PARTY, OR TO SCHOOL; that is the question

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
something about the way
our bedsheets turn religion
upside down
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

okay, so maybe when jordon wilson turned up at my doorstep shitfaced out of his mind with a gram of weed in one hand and a bottle in the other, i should've shut the door on him and stumbled my way back to bed. i mean, it was two in the morning and our brilliant, exciting, marvellous, absolutely groundbreaking new school was opening tomorrow. does that mean i did? no. because jordon wilson turned up shitfaced and i had a box of hair dye i'd not quite been able to convince myself to use — you've got to take the opportunities life throws at you, after all. like university places and jobs and...hair dye.

so maybe we got a little bit stoned, maybe he was blindly pouring bleach in my hair, maybe we fell asleep at 7 am — maybe my alarm went off at half past.

cielo. italian for heaven, you see. and aren't i just an angel :) well, my grandad was italian, my dad thought it would be nice to keep the traditional naming, even if my blood was basically yorkshire through and through.

"nrggghhh," jordon groaned, and i opened my eyes just a little because i already knew the light would blind me. "turn it off," he muttered.

"alreet, bossy," i mumbled back, my head throbbing and searing through me like lightning bolts. my hand felt around haphazardly for my phone, and after i turned it off i just about managed to sit up. "get up, bellend, we'll be late."

__________________

even if we did stumble into assembly half way through, with the eyes of the entire student body burning into us, jordon still somehow had something planned. far worse than my bloody pink hair...which, by the way, what were we thinking?

anyways, somewhere along the line mr troublemaker had managed to offend an entire half of the school — the half we were s'posed to be making friends with — and like..literally every girl. with one banner. i'd say fair play, but also, cunt.

he was running through school like somehow he wasn't going to get caught, regardless of whether a teacher pulled him up or not i'd grabbed him by the collar as he'd spirited passed. "you're a dickhead, you know that, right?"

"i've, gotta, run, they're after, me," he panted. i chuckled kind of quietly under my breath.

"go on then, don't let me hold you up."

if jordon getting in basically the whole schools bad books within an hour of it opening was a world record, he'd also broken the one for fastest to be sent home.

"oi, it's the first day!" i exclaimed at mrs carter, forgetting my manners but not really caring as my mind was preoccupied with jordan. did i know much about his home life? no, i won't pretend to. but did it look good from the outside? same answer; no. i didn't really want him facing that.

"yes, he should've thought about that — thought at all!" she countered me, he'd already been hauled off by mr bell so i was storming into her office as she briskly sat down.

"well it's not fair!" i argued.

"oh, cece, and him writing that...whatever he wrote...that's okay, is it? doesn't deserve punishment?"

i gritted my teeth angrily, doing my best to ignore the nickname which didn't quite seem professional— if only the school learnt how to say my name. and yes, what he did was wrong, but that's not the real jordan. the real jordan's just a troubled kid who needs some attention. he craves it more than anything.

i went to open my mouth but mrs carter cut me off with a stern look. "ah! don't start. haven't you got a class to be scurrying off too? and what is going on with your hair? i could send you to isolation for that."

i snarled at her. "freedom of expression, miss."

"expression of what exactly? circus school? we're trying to be taken seriously, cece."

"miss, you can't call jordon's parents."

"i can do what i like, this is my school, not yours. now will you stop being mouthy and go to your lesson!"

"make me!"

"alright, cece, i cant be dealing with this! isolation!"

with a shock i realised that the little button next to the speaker was on and glowing green. our whole conversation was being broadcasted to the school. i sighed deeply, turning around like i was about to leave, but catching her off guard and grabbing the microphone.

"ladies and gentlemen, mrs carter is a bellend!"

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
song
cotton candy — yungblud
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙