KISS ME, MINTY FRESH

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
i don't want your prayer
save it for the morning after
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

it was like my world was crashing in on me and expanding at the same time, seeing him again. same old cory. same old beautiful brown eyes and hair. same old.

i can't describe how it happened, like we read each other's minds, but we both lunged into a massive hug in the middle of the canteen. his arms wrapping around me felt so right. so perfect. he was warm and strong and smelt of fresh washing, and i'd never felt so happy to be close to him. i was at peace again.

"you smell so good," he mumbled into my hair, as we rocked side to side in our embrace. "like vanilla."

i giggled into his chest, my smile had never been so wide as i clutched onto him, becoming blissfully unaware of all the eyes still on us. as he grabbed my waist, he pulled me up so he was lifting me into the air, staring into my eyes as he spun us around, being all cheesy. "you've dyed it," he said, and i nodded my head, a little less enthusiastic. my dad made me, but as soon as he was gone i had plans to change it again. or as soon as i'm in care.

"oh, put her down will ya?" jordon snarked, and i smiled even more as i heard his voice, jumping out of his brothers arms and going into hug the younger of the two

"jord!" i shouted gleefully. honestly, it felt like coming out of prison. he accepted the hug gratefully, but whispered in my ear a quiet "we need to talk" which had me feeling sick all over again.

*

"why did ya never call? or text?" he asked, slightly bitter as we sat on a bench out front of the school.

"daddy dearest took my phone."

"him." jordon spat. "i mean, i've known you how long, and the first time i meet him is a couple weeks ago with him shouting and telling me you'd never want ta see either of us again. course, i didn't believe him."

"love you," i smiled faintly, kicking his foot.

"yeah, yeah."

"right, what did you want to talk about? something happen?"

"you've missed a lot. thought i might fill ya in. well, when you weren't answering my calls i guess i got kind of desperate. planned to run away, you see."

"run away? you daft prick. see you didn't get very far."

"i just got tired, you know? of people. of this place. had some sort of messed up plan to get away. stole ol' steven's car."