Chapter 11

'Packed up the photo albums that we had made.'

▹▹▹

Magic was not all what Cassandra initially had hyped it up to be. In fact, she thought as she sheltered in the corner of the room, it was pretty fucking terrifying.

After she had hit the bad guy over the head, and the four (including an unconscious Hermione) had stood in blissful silence for a minute or so, and Neville had announced how his "gran was going to kill him" for breaking his wand, Harry led the way out of the room. His wand raised high in front of him, while Neville and Cassandra hauled an unconscious Hermione between them.

They had met up with the others (who looked just as bedraggled as them) and had somehow ended up in this weird room with a whispering arch of rocks and people battling everywhere.

Cassandra was so fucking confused.

"Cassanbra!" Neville's jumbled yelling fell like water onto Cassandras ringing ears. Only when the boy gripped her shoulders and spun her to face him did she snap out of her dazed-like trance, "Come on, we habe to geb out ob here!" He yelled, his words stumbling over the blood that poured into his mouth from his bloody nose.

Nodding, Cassandra shook her head to clear her thoughts. With hands tightly clasped together, the two ran across the battlefield.

"Neville! Cassandra!" Harry yelled, dodging another red beam of light, "are you okay?"

Both Neville and Cassandra nodded, ducking down to avoid other spells, "Yeah, we're obay." Neville answered for the two.

"Good. Come on we have to get out of here." With beams of light flying across their heads, the trio ventured across the room. A Death Eater walked before them with a frightening stance. 

"Tarantallegra!" The spell hit Neville before any of the three could process what was happening. There was a stomach-churning moment where they all waited, anxious to see what the spell would do. Relief almost washed over them as Neville's legs began reciting some form of the weird jig. 

"Hey!" Cassandra said, clutching the paperweight from the office still tightly in her hand. Harry watched in almost admiration as the girl stalked towards the Death Eater. 

Waving his wand inhumanly fast, a spell hit Cassandra square in the chest, and she heard Harry and Neville's horrid gasps as she fell to the floor. 

▹▹▹

Cassandra woke to a chill down her spine. The ringing was incessant in her ears as she pressed her palms against the frigid floor. She heaved her body off the stone with a paralyzed groan. Battling against her bleary eyes, she looked across the room. 

The flashes of lights like fireworks had been extinguished, and she became cognized of a man standing beside her. Remus. The man from the house. 

As the painful ringing in her ears died away, Cassandra turned to the man, "What happened?" She asked, her voice raw, clawing against her throat, "Where is everyone?"

The older man, with a heartbroken look behind his warm eyes, pressed a hand against the girl's back, "Come on, we have to get you out of here." His voice was shaky, along with his hand that Cassandra noticed was gripping his wand so tightly his knuckles had gone white. 

The destruction of the 'Ministry of Magic,' as Harry had called it, was sickening. Blood was streaked across the black gleaming floors, furniture broken, and paperwork burned. In what seemed to be the main atrium, glass was splattered across the flooring. Remus cleared his throat, "We'll have to use the floo-network."