All in the Open. All the stars shining a bit dimmer, a bit bright.

Ambar frowned as she put her coffee down. "What the heck are you wearing Lunita?"

Luna covered up her shirt with her jacket in an angry blush, "it's a crop top and I even have an undershirt under, I'm well over the age where I can dress myself!"

Ambar gave a dry teasing laugh, "I wasn't even talking about the shirt, I was talking about those colored pants. I thought that maybe my good fashion sense was helping you figure out a better way to channel your taste, but woow, was I wrong." Luna stuck out her tongue as she quickly covered her pants with her jacket. "Wow, very mature Lunita."

Luna crossed her arms and gave her an angry glare. "I like these pants!" Thank

"They look like a unicorn puked on a zebra." Ambar laughed.

"You're not the one wearing them!"

"Like I said, thank God I am not."

"Good evening Ladies," Simon called out from behind them. They both rushed to give him a hug. Simon gave Luna a high five while he gave Ambar a kiss. "Did you know you two bicker like sisters do? I miss doing that with my sister."

Ambar rolled her eyes playfully, but Luna could see the panic in her stare afterwards. "Imagine that, us, siblings."

Simon shugged."I think that now that your friends and you live in the same household, the dynamic is similar. What are you two up to?"

Luna gave Ambar a disturbed glare and Simon laughed. Ambar elbowed her to stop before continuing. Luna's eyes widened in annoyance as she mouthed "ouch". Ambar ignored this, brushing her ponytail behind her shoulder and smiling at Simon. "It's a competition night. We promised Matteo we would play nice so we are here trying to do that."

"And failing," Luna muttered.

Simon smiled kindly. He gave Luna a knowing look, Good Luck, before giving Ambar another kiss. "Okay Bonita. I'll see you in a couple minutes I have to meet up with someone from vida for the open music next week. Bye Luna!

"Bye Simon!" Luna called out as she jumped up on her toes. Ambar gave her a concerned glare.

"Oh what? Now I can't even say goodbye to my best friend?"

"Not like that." Ambar said in disbelief. "How are we even related?"

Luna rolled her eyes as she put her hands into her pockets. She gave Ambar a sly smile. "I mean technically we aren't."

Ambar flicked her hair back and laughed slightly. "Thank God."

.-.-.-.-.

Standing at the entrance of the Jam and Roller, Ambar watched how Luna's manner went stiff. Today was the last competition before going to Mexico.

Had Ambar been too hard on her? Was Luna really still that sensitive over a couple of arguments and rude remarks? But as Ambar looked closer she could tell how Luna was practicing the moves in her head over and over again. She kept checking her phone, smiling with every new text from Matteo that popped up on her screen. Luna's jaw was clenched and she held her necklace for support like a child holding a blanket. Ambar was surprised, her first thought wasnt jelousy, or hatred for Luna not acting brave, or another dumb offense Ambar could throw at her. No, instead, for the first time, she felt pure concern.

Oh. Today was the day that determined if Luna would go to her home country, if Luna can finally be free of this mess.

Ambar squirmed under her skin. She wasn't good at being an older cousin, she never expected to be one again and children made her nervous. They were too fragile, she didn't know how to deal with other kids, especially when her aunt didn't even take care of her. Swallowing hard, she opened her mouth and then closed it. Why was this so hard? "Are you ready for the competition?"