•Chapter Three•

Kayla P.O.V

I got to my house from Miley's house and snuck back upstairs before my parents knew I wasn't home.Before I could make it upstairs my dad stopped me."According to my watch.Its 11:30"he said looking at his Apple Watch.I can see where this is going to go.

"Where were you little girl"he asked and drinking wine from a glass cup."I was at a friends house"I said .I'm nothing going to bring up Mikey because my dad would literally explode.

"Ok then go upstairs"he said and I just walked upstairs.That's was so strange.He just let me go without asking what friend,but I still have to go through mom in the morning.

After I got in the shower I put on my pajamas and watch Netflix.

(Next day)

"Get up school time"mom said.I rushed out of bed and did my morning hygiene.When my mom wakes me up that means I'm about to be late for something.Today is cheer practice.I didn't go to school today because I had a doctors appointment.I put on my track suit and left the house in my car.

I went to the field and waited for the cheer coach.There was this other girl that walked by me and bumped me."watch where your going bitch.It's like your going to be in cheer"she said.I was about to throw a punch when a girl grabbed my fist."it's not worth it.My names Amelia what's your name"she asked smiling.

"Kayla"I said returning the smile."Well Kayla I think your a very good cheerleader.I think I've seen you before"she said.

"Alright who wants to go first"the coach asked.Charlie went onto the felid and started and she did good but failed some parts of the routine.

I was the last person.I ran on the field and started.

Once I finished everyone clapped except for Bella."That was awesome.That's all for today's cheer tryouts and your roles for cheer will be posted the front office window when you get to school.As in secretary, co- captain,and captain"coach frost said.

I went home and took a shower.When I got out I put on my school clothes and left again for school.

When I got out I put on my school clothes and left again for school

When I got to the front office I seen that I was captain.I almost screamed,But Spencer covered my mouth."you did this last year.It's not surprising any more"he said smiling."yes it is because this girl Bella tried to show out and failed"I said smiling.

"Well you showed her"Spencer replied and went to class.I walked with Amelia to class."What is your position"I asked Amelia."I'm co captain"she said excited."Omg we the captains girl"I said smiling and squealed while Jordan just watched.

"What you want boy"I asked smiling cause I'm still in a good mood."nothing just curious on what you guys are so happy about"he stated."well if you must know we are the Beverly high cheer captains"Amelia said flipping her hair."purr"I said laughing.

(𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙)

"I'll talk to you later"I said smiling.Me and Spencer were going back to Crenshaw to see coop."What's up with you"I asked as cool walked up."Coach moved me off of defense"he said.I see where this is going.

"There's nothing I can do about it"he said pacing around."What just so I could play along help them with there season"Spencer said still panicking for no reason.

Well not really panicking just not being calm."Make it your season.You'll find a way I know you will.You let some Lilly white coach-"coop said before Spencer cut him off.

"He's black"Spencer said."maybe he is right"coop said making me laugh."man shut up"Spencer replied.

"Listen Spencer he's probably testing you to see if you can play both ways offensively and defensively.So don't take it personal"I said trying help him.

"Easy for you to say your the team captain.You give the orders.You can't be moved.You don't understand any of it"Spencer said.

"This isn't about me it's about you and your problems.I went through the same struggles you did.Only difference is I'm not struggling anymore, and don't forget that I have been captain since I could walk and talk, so it's nothing brand new Spencer James"I said grabbing my keys and driving home.

I can't believe this.I've did to many things for him to say I don't understand the struggle and pain.He is always pressuring himself and that's what's going to get him hurt or injured.

ᑎᗴ᙭T ᗪᗩY

Today I'm going to coach bakers house.Jordan invited me.I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it.

"Hi you must be Kayla.I'm Laura.Your dads running for mayor this year"she said smiling."yep that's me"I said.We walked into the kitchen and I seen Spencer."So I need for both of you to answer and question honestly"she said.

"Carefully she's a crier"Olivia said.Laura then came around the corner and asked "are any of you allergic to anything"she asked."no I'm not"I said smiling.

"No not me either.When it comes to food all I am is hungry"Spencer said.I went to there bathroom and put on my swim suit.I got on a floater and laid down with my sun glasses on."I'm sorry about what I said yesterday"Spencer said next to me.

"I get it you were having a hard time, but we both have the same struggle.It's just one of us is still in that struggle"I said.He smiled a little and kept swimming."What is someone like you doing on a floater"a familiar voice said.I took off my sun glasses and seen Mikey."hi Mikey"I said hugging him.

"Damn you going to suffocate me"he said laughing."how have you been holding up"he asked me."good.Guess what"I asked him."what"he asked.

"I'm captain of the cheer team"I said and he picked me up and dumped me into the water."Omg that amazing"he said while laughing at his actions.

"You will pay for this"I said getting back on my floater."what ever"he said swimming away.I continued at peace until someone was in my view."Hi Kayla, I just wanted to apologize about what I said at lunch the other day"he said."it's ok.Just don't say things like that.It doesn't sit well with us"I said.

I'm a very understanding person but there's limits.I really thing Asher is sorry."I spy with my little eye a friend I met a yesterday"Amelia said on a floater next to me."hi you came"I said hugging her.We almost fell into the water but lucky we caught each other.

"You and Mikey Williams"she asked giving me the flirty look."We have a lot to talk about"she said making me laugh.

"We sure do"I responded with a smile.