•Chapter One•

𝗞𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗮 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

Me and the team were on the sidelines cheering.Our team is tied with the Mavericks.I hope Spencer wins this game."ok girls we are doing the cheer "spirit call"I said as we got in position.

Hold up, wait a minute,

Let me put some spirit in it!

Chargers break it down,

Knock this team straight out of
town!

It was the final play of the night and Spencer caught the ball for the touchdown.I jumped up and down in excitement."WE WON"I yelled.Then there was shots fired at us.Everyone ducked down.This is nothing new.

Me and Spencer walked towards our house.Me and Spencer lived across the streets from each other."Spencer James,Kayla Jones"a unknown voice said from behind us.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you two.Just next minute your scoring and the next-"he said before Spencer cut him off."just another day in the neighborhood".

"Yeah,billy baker,Varsity coach,Beverly high"he said.He shook both of our hands."Beverly huh"i questioned."yeah,I'll cut to the case,I've had eyes on you too.You got a strong hands,you match well against single coverage.Saw that film on you with the 4 touchdowns against fairfax,yeah and Kayla you have lead your team to more than 15 finals competitions in a row.You won 10 out of 19.That very impressive.I need you both to cheer and play for me"coach baker said.

"Come play for you"Spencer questioned."play for me"coach baker replied."but you can't recruit"Spencer said laughing a little."I mean those are the rules.Seasons started.I switch teams I'm benched 3 months"Spencer said.

"And I'm talking orders from some other girl"I added."no not with me.I can work around that.Now,I'm assuming both of you want to cheer and play pro eventually.Am i right"coach asked.

"Yes sir"me and Spencer said I'm unison."yeah well, I can help you both out with that.You know, south Crenshaw,you got a strong team and a amazing cheer team,Beverly we had a few rough seasons but that changed this season.Plus we can offer you both something that Crenshaw can't"he said.

"Oh is that right"Spencer asked sarcastically."a better education at a safer school.I can get you a way out, man.look I played for the nfl, all right, I played in the nfl for a couple years til I busted my knee,But stil have all those contacts.I can make all your nfl dreams come true"coach baker said.

"Look appreciate the offer, Coach but, uh... I don't need a back- up"Spencer said about to walk off."I was moving to Beverly high anyway because my dads running for mayor"I said."that's great"coach baker said smiling.I returned a smile and followed Spencer as we went home."Spencer I'm moving in two days"I said and he stopped and looked at me.

"What"he said in shock."It was on such short notice.They told me yesterday and I have to go to Beverly"I said.We made it to our houses and I hugged him and he kissed my head.I went inside my house to see my parents packing bags."It's going to be ok sweetheart"my mom said hugging me.I cried in her arms.

It's hard leaving my friends I grew up with.There family to me.My dad came and we were all in a group hug."it's going to be ok baby girl"dad said kissing my head.

/𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗮𝘆/

"Let's go"mom said rushing me.I put my stuff in the moving truck and got in my parents car and we left.

Once we got there the house was perfect.It was beautiful.

I love this house

I love this house.Looks like I'm going to love Beverly.