•Chapter Two•

[𝗞𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗮 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩]

My alarm went off.I stopped it and got out of bed.I did my morning routine and put on my clothes for school.Before I went downstairs I grabbed my backpack.

"Don't forget your tablet"mom said grabbing her car keys and heading to the garage

"Don't forget your tablet"mom said grabbing her car keys and heading to the garage."Love you"I said as she walked farther away."Love you more"she said smiling and rushing.

I went to the garage and got in my pink Tesla.Once I arrived at school, I went to the office to get my schedule.

"Hi I'm here to get my schedule"The office lady looked at me and asked."what's your name sweetheart".

"Kayla Jones"I said smiling.She started typing into the computer and then went to the printer."here you go"I grabbed the paper that was in her hand and went to my first class.

I walked in and sat in my assigned seat with my name on it.Mikey Williams the famous basketball player came and sat next to me.He was my celebrity crush.Well I guess you can say I'm a celebrity being the number 1 ranked cheerleader.

"Your kayla Jones the number one ranked cheerleader"he said.He's talking to me.Ok I need to act cool."yeah that's me"I said laughing nervously."you know who I am"he asked.

"Yeah your Mikey Williams number 1 ranked basketball player"He laughed and started writing notes in his journal.I started writing down what was on the board.The be ring and it was time for my next period.

Me and Mikey have every class but gym.We sat next to each other.We didn't know anyone in the class."You are really good at basketball.Your my favorite high school basketball player"I said writing down my notes.

"Oh really"I looked at him and smiled.He reached into his backpack and pulled out a paper.He wrote something on it and passed it to me."When you want to just face time or text me"he said."I'll think about it"I said smiling.

It was lunch time.I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs to the cafeteria."hi Spencer.Mikey this is Spencer and Spencer this is Mikey"I said introducing them to each other."OMG are you Kayla Jones"a curly head girl asked.

"Yep that's me"I said and she hugged me tightly.It was a bit uncomfortable but it is bothering me."You guys must be Spencer, Mikey, and Kayla"a lightskin boy said walking up to us and shaking our hand.Once we made eye contact it's like he couldn't keep his eyes off me."come on let me show you guys the crew"He said.We followed him to the table his friends were sitting at.

"This is Hadley,Asher,lelia,Jj"Jordan said."hi"I said sitting next to Jordan and Hadley."I think you and Asher play the same position"Jordan said.Mikey then came "guys this is Mikey.You guys probably know him"I said."yeah we all know him.He's the number 1 basketball player in the country"jj said.

"So lay it on me crips or bloods?Hey Kayla what's with all the ugly ass make up"after Asher said that everything went south.Mikey pulled me out my seat and step up to Asher."Wtf you just say"Mikey questioned all in Asher face."I'll beat yo ass"Mikey said before Jordan broke up the situation.

"That's not even a joke bro"me,Spencer,and Mikey went to another table."I hope she doesn't think she'll become a team captain with that ugly man right there"a girl said.I was about to get up when Mikey and Spencer grabbed my wrist.I sat back down because I wasn't getting out of there grips.

"Don't let that get to you.Where that killer cheer mentality at"Spencer asked trying to hype me up.Cheer practice was after football practice so Spencer and Mikey are going to stay and watch me."Your right"I said."Mikey what do you do when it's off-season for basketball"I asked him."I work out and get ready for the next season the I go home.It's basically a routine for me"he said.

"Greta because we all are going to be good friends"I said grabbing them by the neck and hugging them.This question just popped into my head.Why was Mikey so quick to protect me?

"You doing anything after practice"Mikey asked.I'm going to pass out if he asks to hang out."No why"I asked.Spencer told both of us bye and he left.

"Want to come to my house"he asked.OMG He asked me did he want to come to his house."what do you think"he asked.

"I"I stuttered.I was lost of words.Calm down he only asked if you want to come to his HOUSE.