The next morning Meredith woke up, her body throbbing. She hadn't been in this much pain since the drowning all those years ago.

"Hey." A voice said. She turned her head and saw her husband standing next to her bed. "Hi." She replied, swallowing thickly.

"You okay?" Derek asked, noticing the pain looked she had on. "Fine." Meredith answered through gritted teeth. "Mer-"

"I'm fine." She repeated sternly. "Please be honest with me." Derek pleaded softly. "Fine. My whole body feels like it's burning. My stomach is hurting. My right side of my body is throbbing and there's a jack hammer in my brain. Happy?" She snapped, tears of pain running down her face.

"Oh, Mer." Derek breathed, grabbing her good hand and giving it a squeeze. His heart was breaking for her being in so much pain.

Derek paged Bailey into the room and she came quickly. "Good morning Grey." Bailey said, while looking at Derek. "Hi." She whispered.

"What's going on?" Bailey asked. "It feels like I'm being stabbed beaten repeatedly and I'm going to die." Meredith said bluntly.

"So more morphine?" Bailey guessed. "That would be great." Meredith said, strained. Bailey quickly got to work while Derek gently stroked her bandaged forehead.

"Thank you." Meredith breathed as she felt the rush or morphine enter her system. "You need to tell us when your in pain, Grey." Bailey said.

"Okay." She replied as the pain relief came. "I gave her enough to last a few hours. Page me if you need me." Bailey said to Derek before leaving.

Derek nodded looked to Meredith, who was already asleep.

•••

"Welcome back sleepy head." Derek grinned As he saw merediths eyes flutter open an hour later. "Hi mcdreamy." Meredith giggled.

"Mcdreamy, huh?" Derek asked. "Yes. Cause you are my super super hot sexy husband. Do you want to have sex?" Meredith replied with a cheesy grin.

"I would love to, Mer, but it's against the rules." He sighed, playing along. Meredith grabbed his shirt, ignoring, the pain, and pulled him close.

She brought him in for a searing kiss, her good hand traveling through his hair. She pulled away, panting for breath. "You're missing out." She breathed against his lips.

Derek smirked. "When we're home and you're healed you're welcome to do that any time. But not now."

"Hey, did you know I used to get stoned in high school?" Meredith asked suddenly.

"Really? A stoner? You?" Bailey asked with a smirk as she walked in. "Yeah! I did it to piss my mom off but she never noticed. But it made me feel soooooo good." Meredith rambled.

Derek smiled sadly at his wife. It made him sad to think that she needed to get high to just feel Alive and loved.

"How are you feeling, Meredith?" Bailey asked. "Horny." She replied bluntly. "I- okay. Physically, how are you feeling?"

"Good. That morphine you gave me is so good. And it's not making me all loopy and silly. Isn't that great Dr Bailey? Right Derek?" Meredith asked.

"Sure about that Grey?" Bailey smirked. When Meredith was high on morphine for her appy, it was amusing, but her dosage was higher this time and it was hilarious.

"I am sure. Right Derek? Derek is my husband, he knows me the best. Right?"

"Right, Mer." Derek replied, trying to contain his laughter. "See Dr Bailey? Told ya." Meredith smirked in victory.

"Nelson will be in here soon to examine you, and Torres is gonna pop her head in here at some point too. In the meantime, rest up." Bailey explained.

"Dr Bailey! Before you leave, I have a question." Meredith asked, smirking to Derek slightly before turning back.

"Mer, I don't think-" Derek started. His wife was so high, she probably had no idea who she was even talking to. And he knew where this was going, and he was sure Bailey did not want to hear this.

"What is it, Grey?" Bailey asked with a slight grin taking in dereks flustered expression. "Um, I'm really horny, but Derek said we can't have sex. Can you tell him that we can?" She asked innocently.

Bailey chortled and looked at Derek, who was blushing. "Well, Meredith, considering you're one day post op after a massive car accident I don't think I can clear you for that type of strenuous activity." She said as professionally as possible.

"But bailey! Derek can go on top, he can-"

"Okay, that's enough, Mer. Bailey said no." Derek cut in, his face beet red. "Fine." Meredith huffed. "Is that all?" Bailey asked, amused. "Yes." She replied.

•••

Carolyn and Amelia made their way up to Merediths room. Carolyn had only met Meredith once, but had video chatted with her and the family a few times.

Derek Met then at the door. "Hey. How is she?" Amelia asked. "Very high. Um, don't be surprised if she mentions something inappropriate." Derek replied as he led them inside.

"Hi Mrs Shepherd! Hi Amelia!" Meredith chirped happily. "It's Carolyn, dear. Or mom, if you're comfortable." Carolyn corrected.

"How you doing, Mer?" Amelia asked with a grin. "I'm so so good. Derek made me feel so good." Meredith replied. "Did he now?" Amelia smirked, looking at her brother.

"More morphine. Not....more morphine." He said, blushing once again. "Derek where are the kids?" Meredith asked suddenly.

"Daycare right now. They spent the night with Alex." Bailey replied. "That's good." Meredith answered, yawning slightly. "Do you want to take a nap?" Derek asked.

"Mhm." Meredith hummed, closing her eyes and falling asleep quickly. "How much morphine is she getting?" Carolyn asked curiously.

"A lot. She was hurting a lot this morning, and we had to up her dosage. But she's a tiny person, so I guess it affects her more." Derek explained.

"You're gonna have your hands full for the next few weeks." Carolyn chuckled.

"I know." Derek smiled.

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. As always, if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to drop them. Thanks for reading!!