"It's Meredith." Derek said as he stepped out of the ambulance.

"Derek- Uh, get her into a trauma bay stat!" Bailey yelled. Richard and Derek both pushed Merediths gurney in.

"Transfer on 3, 1, 2, 3." Bailey ordered as they lifted Merediths body on to the bed. "Has she been conscious at all?" Dr Nelson asked as he checked her pupils.

"No." Derek replied, hands shaking in fear. "Right pupil is blown, I need a CT as soon as possible." Nelson ordered.

"Her whole right side is crushed, from her toes to her shoulder. I need a CT as well and an X-ray. She'll 100% need surgery." Callie said, wincing at all of her friends injuries.

"I want a full body CT." Bailey ordered. "She has probable internal bleeding and possibly a cardiac tamponade. Page Yang." She said.

Just then, Meredith started to wake up slowly. "Grey? You're in the hospital, you're gonna be fine." Bailey said, leaning over her.

Meredith slowly and painstakingly opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but she could still make out the silhouette of the people around her.

"Can you say something? It's Dr Nelson." He said, checking her pupils once again. Meredith wanted to say something, but nothing would come out.

Meredith suddenly lurched forward and coughed as blood sputtered out of her mouth. Dereks eyes widened in terror. "Okay, you're okay Meredith." Richard said loudly so she would hear as he wiped her chin and mouth.

Meredith cried out in pain as Bailey accidentally bumped the bed. "Push a sedative. She's gotta be in a lot of pain." Richard ordered.

Meredith locked eyes with the blurry vision of her husband. "You're gonna be fine, Mer. Just hang on." Derek whispered.

Meredith let herself succumb to the sedative, the pain washing away as she closed her eyes.

"I'm here, what-" Cristina started as she froze. "What the hell happened?" Cristina asked in shock as she came closer. "T-boned." Derek replied in a quiet voice.

"She may have a cardiac tamponade." Bailey informed. Cristina immediately jumped into doctor mode and quickly examined her.

"She definitely has one, but a pericardiocentisis should resolve it. If not, I'll have to do a thoracotomy." Cristina informed.

"Okay. Do that in surgery with us in less than 15 minutes, she has a brain bleed and other internal injuries." Bailey said.

•••

They got Meredith to CT and got her results back quickly. "We need to get her into surgery now. We don't have time to really study." Richard said.

They hastily scrubbed in and got Meredith into the operating table. Derek was forced by Bailey to get himself checked out with a CT and an ortho fellow, and now he had to wait.

Nelson opened her up first after Cristina did her procedure and found all the bleeding. Meanwhile, Bailey and Richard were working on her abdomen, and Callie was beginning to reset her bones in her arm and leg and examining the nerve damage.

"How's it going everyone?" Bailey called out. "Okay up here. Lot of bleeding but I'm almost finished. She must have hit her head hard." Nelson replied.

"Torres?" Bailey asked, not looking up from her job. "These bones are crushed, I need pins and screws and plates. And I can't if there is nerve damage or not right now, I'll need to open her up even more and I don't want to risk anything. First I want to stabilize her bones though." Callie explained.

"Yang, how did the procedure go?" Bailey asked. "It went well. I'm gonna go sit with Derek." Cristina replied. "Callie, two of these ribs are broken. We've almost got all the bleeding down here but can you just make sure these are stable?" Bailey asked.

"They look fine." Callie replied. "I'm done up here. When she wakes up, please page me. I'm gonna try to get some rest." Nelson informed as an OR nurse wrapped a bandage around Merediths head. Thankfully, Nelson didn't have to shave her head, he shaved under.

•••

Derek was pacing anxiously in the waiting room. His left arm was casted, and he was given some Advil for the concussion.

He stood up In anxiousness as cristina walked over. "I did the pericardiocentiusis, it went well. Everyone else is wrapping up." Cristina said, sitting down next to him.

"How did this happen?" Derek asked, his voice breaking. "We were so happy this morning. We went out last night, and had a great time when we got home. Why do these things always happen to us?" He asked hopelessly.

"I don't Know. But she's Meredith grey. She'll be alright. She always is." Cristina said, surprising him and uncharacteristically putting an arm around his shoulders. They were both terrified for both of their favorite person.

After about 10 minutes, the two stood up when they saw Bailey, Richard, Callie, and Nelson all making their way over.

Bailey stepped up first. "Meredith had quite a bit of internal bleeding, probably from the impact, but Webber and I resolved it. She definitely needs to take it easy for a while." Bailey said.

"I had to put in quite a few plates and pins and screws in to stabilize her bones. It...her right side is shattered. I couldn't see much of the nerve damage, but I'll do a test for that when she wakes up. She's going to have a long recovery orthopedic wise with a lot of PT." Callie explained.

"And she also had a lot of bleeding in her brain, but I resolved it. I don't see any lasting deficits or complications, but I'm going to keep a close eye on her." Nelson said.

"Thank you." Derek said, briskly wiping his eyes. "Can I see her?" Derek asked hopefully. "Sure. Richard and I will take you. She's still intubated, as a precaution." Bailey replied softly as they began walking.

"Derek, I know you've seen patients intubated and in rough shape before, but it's different when you see a loved one. When Tucker was in here, it was hell for me. It's going to be tough." Bailey said gently before she let him enter the room.

Derek nodded and swallowed thickly before he walked in. Meredith was bandaged in most places, and she was still intubated as Bailey said.

He grabbed her good hand and kissed it gently. "You'll be okay, Mer. We'll take care of you." He whispered.

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. As always, if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to drop them. Thanks for reading!!