Today was Merediths first full day home after the accident. She woke up around 8, and found herself alone in bed.

Meredith couldn't use crutches due to her arm, so she would be stuck in a wheelchair for a while. She threw her legs over the bed with a wince. Meredith was sore. The pain killers they gave her defiantly did not compare to the ones at the hospital.

She hopped the the wheelchair, although she really wasn't supposed to, and wheeled herself out of the bedroom and to the stairs.

"Derek?" Meredith called out. After a minute, Derek came up the stairs. "Hey, what are you doing up?" He asked in concern.

"I wanted to come downstairs." Meredith shrugged. "You should've called me sooner. How did you get out of bed?" Derek asked knowingly.

Meredith smirked innocently. "I floated to my wheelchair." She said. Derek scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You shouldn't do that, Mer." He said before scooping her into his arms and walking downstairs.

Derek brought her into the living room where Carolyn was in the recliner,  Zola was playing on the floor with blocks and Bailey was in the rocking seat.

"Mama!" Zola yelled excitedly. "Hi lovebug." Meredith grinned as Derek gently put her down. Zola ran over and climbed up onto the couch, derek sitting down next to her.

"Good morning." Carolyn said with a smile as she lifted up Bailey and sat back down. "Good morning." Meredith replied. "What time did they wake up?" She asked.

"Bailey woke up at 6:30, and Zo woke up at 7." Derek answered. "Not bad." Meredith sighed, shifting uncomfortably.

"I'll get your meds." Derek said, kissing her forehead before quickly going to the bathroom. "Sore?" Carolyn asked sympathetically. "Let's just say it's not like I'm on a constant morphine drip." Meredith laughed as Bailey began to whine.

"Did Derek feed him a bottle yet?" Meredith asked as Carolyn handed her the baby. "Not yet. He said you liked to breast feed." Carolyn responded. "Zo, how about we go get some breakfast for you?" She asked.

Zola nodded and ran into the kitchen. "Thank you." Meredith smiled. Meredith pulled down her shirt and Bailey immediately latched on.

"Good morning kiddo." Meredith whispered, kissing his head. "Here." Derek said, coming back into the room and putting the meds and cup of water on the coffee table.

Derek sat down next to them and kissed her cheek. "You okay?" He asked. "I'm good." Meredith replied as Bailey continued eating.

"Is be done?" Derek asked as baileys eyes began to close. "Yeah. Can you take him so I can take those meds?" Meredith asked. Derek nodded and lifted Bailey into his arms while she swallowed the pills.

"You gotta eat something with your meds. Want some toast or sometning?" Derek asked. "Toast is good." Meredith grinned. He nodded and gave Bailey back to her before leaving the room.

After 10 minutes, the pain medication began to kick in. Merediths eyes were drooping closed, and Carolyn, who came in, noticed quickly. She took the now sleeping baby out of her arms carefully and threw a blanket over Meredith. Carolyn knew how exhausting it was to recover.

Derek came back a bit later with Zola. He put the toast on the coffee table and sat down. Derek would make sure she ate later.

Meredith unconsciously moved as the couch next to her dipped. Derek wrapped an arm around her and held her close as she nuzzled into his shoulder.

Carolyn smiled at her son and his wife. Those two were so clearly in love. It reminded her of her late husband, and it was refreshing to see that love again, especially coming from her son.

"Daddy, what we doing today?" Zola asked loudly. "Shhh. Mamas sleeping." Derek scolded quietly. "And we probably aren't going anything, Zo. Mama can't move around very well and she needs to rest at home." He explained.

"Why?" Zola asked curiously. "You know how Mama and I were in an accident?" Derek asked, picking the little girl up. Zola nodded.

"Well, mama got hurt. See those things on her arm and leg?" Derek asked, pointing to them. "Sof said they are casts." She replied wisely.

"That's right. So the casts are helping her broken bones heal, and she can't walk on her leg." Derek explained. "Ohhh." Zola said in understanding.

"So is it okay with you if we hang out with mama inside for a little while?" Derek asked. "Yeah. We can watch movies!" Zola exclaimed happily. "Shh." Derek chuckled as Meredith groaned.

"What's goin' on?" Meredith mumbled sleepily. "Nothing. Go back to sleep." Derek said, kissing her forehead and rubbing her back soothingly.

"Sleep, mama." Zola said adorably, patting her back. "Okay." Meredith mumbled before falling back asleep.

Derek was just about to turn the tv on when his phone rang. He got off the couch and answered it in the kitchen.

"Hello." He said into the phone. "Shepherd, it's Bailey." Dr Bailey replied. "Hey, what's up?" Derek asked in confusion.

"I just wanted to check in with you and see how Greys doing." Bailey explained. "Oh, she's good. The pain meds knocked her out about an hour ago buts she good." Derek answered.

"Good. How'd the breast feeding go? I talked to an OB in case there was some trouble." She asked. "It was fine. She used a pillow for a little cushion, but she didn't say anything else about it." Derek said.

"Okay, good. Thanks, Shepherd." Bailey said. "No problem, thanks for calling." Derek said, hanging
Up the phone.

Derek went back into the living room and sat back down. "Everything okay?" Carolyn asked. "Yeah, just bailey checking up on Mer." Derek replied, smiling down at his sleeping wife.

If this was what Merediths recovery was gonna be like, he couldn't complain. He loved Meredith cuddling with him.

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. As always, if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to drop them. Thanks for reading!!