Making Friends

"Rose! Rose! You've made chaser!" Ron had run up to me screaming. I was not sure what it was until he had picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. It was definitely something I had not expected. Ron Weasley had never seemed to take a liking to me since we met. When we were around each other Ron would ignore me and continue on as if I wasn't there.

I spent a few seconds trying to figure out why Ron was acting so differently but it was in my questioning state that I realized what he had said to me. I made the quidditch team! "Ronald Weasley! Get back here!" I yelled at the top of my lungs in excitement. With a smile stuck on my face I hugged Ron while cheering. It turns out that he had made the team as well, as keeper of course.

Over the next hour or two Ron and I bonded. We were alone by the Black Lake dreaming of our future games together. The day we would hold up the Quidditch Cup after we crushed Slytherin in the final game. "Ron! Rose! Where have you two been? Hermione has been looking everywhere for you two!" Well... we were alone.

Harry was walking down to our spot by the lake. He had an expression that said he was thrilled to see us. I couldn't help but smile at him. I felt my face get warm; I was blushing. But why? I have not done anything to embarrass myself. The only other reason why I would be blushing would be if I'm around the guy I like. What does this mean? I definitely do not like Ron and I only see Harry as a friend. I think.

I pushed the confusion to the back of my mind. I do not need to worry about boys at the moment; I need to train for quidditch. "So Harry. Quidditch! When's practice?!" Both boys could tell I was excited; it was written all over my face. Ron chuckled and just shook his head at my immaturity but Harry simply smiled at me.

Without an invitation, not that he needed one, Harry sat down with us. Still smiling he joined our conversation about the up and coming quidditch season. The way Harry spoke I could tell he felt at home with quidditch. His face and emotions showed he truly loved playing the game. In a way I feel as if I have found a lifelong friend in Harry, Ron as well of course.

These two boys were easy to joke with and not worry about them excepting me. They are not like the other guy back home in the States. Back home I never really had many friends. Wearing skirts and shopping was not on a list of things I enjoy. I prefer mud and sports but guys hate being friends with girl who can beat them at sports and video games. I had beaten them all at everything.

In an odd way I still could not figure out guys even though I thought I knew them. Draco Malfoy was one I still have not been able to figure out. "Hey guys, can I ask you something?" I looked at Harry and Ron seriously. They both realized how serious I was and nodded their heads for me to continue. Butterflies were in my stomach and I didn't know how to ask it but I had to get answers. "Why won't Draco Malfoy talk to me? I met him in Diagon Alley when I was getting my school supplies and we really hit it off but now... He won't even look at me."

Each one had a different kind of look on their face. Ron looked as if he thought I had grown a second head while for Harry it seemed as if steam was about to be coming out of his ears. Without even a word Harry got up and stormed back into the school. Turning towards Ron for answers all I got was, "Why Malfoy? You just had to pick Malfoy to make friends with?" A look of disappointment was sent my way as he too made his way back to the school. I was alone yet again.