The Girl Who Lived?

This is a fanfic I've been thinking about for Harry Potter. I do not own any of J.K. Rowling's characters but anyone who can not be found in the Harry Potter are my own characters.

___________________________________________________________________________

[Rose's POV]

Tap. Tap. Tap. I could hear the rain hitting my window repeatedly. The weather was matching my mood perfectly; depressing. It was 2:30 in the morning and I couldn't fall asleep because in the pit of my stomach I felt like something was going to happen. Something bad; I just know it. It seems as if my whole life will be flipped upside down.

It's not like it could get a lot worse for me. A few days ago was my sixteenth birthday and the day my mom died. Natural causes the doctors said; natural causes my ass! My mom was perfectly fine! Someone murdered my mom, I'm sure of it. The only question was who did it...

The weird thing though, at the funeral while I was holding my mom's hand, I noticed she had a tattoo. It was a skull with a snake coming out of its mouth on her right forearm and I swear I saw it moving. My father got all jumpy and paranoid when I asked him about it, "I don't know what you're talking about Rose. Don't ever say something about it again!"

Sure I knew my dad was already plenty weird. He would carry around a stick with him at ALL times, mumble weird things like 'Voldemort' and some words I'm sure are Latin. The weirdest thing though, he would always get upset when I said a scar I got from skateboarding was hurting. It's just a scar that has no real meaning to it, but why would a scar be hurting?

Which reminds me that my cheek, where my lightning bolt shape scar was located, felt like it was on fire since my mom died. The burning has never lasted this long, it's normally just a few minutes but that's it. Come to think of it, it's only been hurting every now and then for the past two years. Something somewhere else is causing this; I might not even be able to comprehend what it is though. Could this give me an indication to who killed my mom?

I've got to get some answers soon or I'll go crazy trying to come up with my own. People might think they can keep me in the dark but little do they know is that I don't give up. I'll do anything if it means that I'll find my mother's murderer.