8: goodbyes

I was sat by charlotte and Andre as I watched the fireworks not knowing where my dad went until he came back wasted and walked over to Lenny. I had no idea what he was doing so I moved to where the Feders were sitting so I could hear.

"Hey" Greg says as he stares into the sky before grabbing my hand making me blush slightly.

"Hey" I say intertwining my finger within his.

"Lenny hey man." I hear my dad say so I turn around to look at the exchange happening behind me.

"Hey buddy." Lenny says knowing my dad was drunk from his slurring.

"I know your bummed about loosing the game for us."

"And your drunk?" Lenny asks my terribly drunk dad.

"Noooo. Yes." He says wafting his beer breath all over Roxanne.

"Hey man there one thing they'll never beat us at." God this was going to be a bad idea.

"What's this?" Lenny asks as my dad pulls a bow and arrow from behind the seat.

"Arrow roulette baby." He yells as Lenny agrees with him.

"Alright everyone! last one to stay wins!" He yells louder shooting the arrow into the air causing chaos to soar through the crowd as everyone starts running. Greg jumps up grabbing my hand again running away from our seats into the trees area near the basketball courts where Andre, Charlotte, Donna, and Keithie followed. We had all sat by the trees talking until our parents came and got us as we went back to the cabin in the carriage.

~next day~

Today was the day that everyone was leaving. My dad was hungover from last night so I'll have to complain about his headache the drive home. If you couldn't tell that's what I was thinking of instead of the fact that I most likely won't see the Feders in forever unless it's some other gathering like this. And by then Greg will have a girlfriend and I'll have a boyfriend and this summer crush will be long gone. Just as I was thinking a certain Feder wrapped there arms around my legs. I looked down a bit too see Becky holding onto my legs for dear life. I pick her up and hoist her to rest above my waist as she squeezed the life out of me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Bri." She says squeezing me again.

"I'll miss you too Becky but we'll see each other again. I promise." I say as she moves her head from my neck to face me.

"Pinky promise." And with a lock of the pinky she was smiling again as she leaves my arms and skips to her mom who puts her in the car.

"I guess I'll see you some other time." Greg says awkwardly from behind me. I turn around with a smile and quickly peck his lips making him blush a crimson red.

"Goodbye kiss." I say with a smile as I walk to my dads car who was playfully glaring at Greg.

"Goodbye Brielle Higgins." He says smiling walking too his car.

"Goodbye Greg Feder." I say getting into the passenger seat watching as Lenny high fives Greg.

Little did I know that wouldn't be the last time I saw Greg Feder.