1: funeral

I laid on bed texting Nancy until I heard a knock at my door.

"Bri can I come in?" I hear my dad ask.

"Yeah." I say as the door knob twist and my dad walks in.

"We gotta leave tomorrow morning. My old coach died and we gotta go to his funeral." He says and I just nod. He stands up and walks to the door.

"You alright?" I ask him and he just looks at me and smiles.

"Of course I am kid. And pack a bag well staying at a cabin with my old buddies for the weekend." He says shutting my door.

"You could've told me that first!" I yelled

"What's the fun in that!" He yells back as I beat him tell the girls he brought home last night that she needs too leave because there's "family problems" that's his excuse everytime.

~skip to funeral~

I get out of my dads car as we walk over to some black shiny Subaru. I hear some weird ringtone being played and someone getting yelled at for there massage therapist.

"What no no no cell phones." A man says at his kid.

"What no cells phones then I'm outta here." My dad says.

"Higgie!" The guy I presume is Lenny says.

"Who's ready to get there funeral on." My dad says as he shakes his shoulders.

"Sorry death makes me weird." He says bringing I think McKenzie in for a hug.

"Everything makes you weird dad." I say as I walk from behind the car.

"Your supposed to be on my side kid." My dad says shoving me lightly.

"Hello Brielle" Lenny says towards me and I just wave as a car comes driving by. I walk away to Andre and his sister. I knew Andre from school and I kind of knew his sister.

"Your dads so weird." Andre says laughing at me

"I know." I say watching as another girl walks up too is that Charlotte seemed to know.

"Hi I'm Donna what's your name?" She asks me

"Oh I'm Brielle nice to meet you." She smiles and we all start some small talk as Andre walks over to his dad.

"That boys staring at you." Charlotte says looking over at the two boys with there pristine suits and famous people sunglasses. The boy looks away as soon as we make eye contact. Around 10 minutes we all make our way into the church and find our spots. My dad and I sit behind The Hollywood family.

"Yeah it's your money it's his money it's my money. Let's put all our cash in a pile and split it."

"You'd be the only person to gain from that dad." I say and Lenny just laughs as his son turns towards me.

"My names Greg." He says looking at me

"I'm Brielle." I say showing now interest in the spoiled brat in front of me. He takes the hint and sits back down on his seat as my dad elbows me. I just sigh as the ceremony begins. After a bit Lenny gets on the stage and says his speech making fun of Eric on the way. After he was done Rob went on and started singing. After a thorough minute he got on one knee and McKenzie passed Lenny a 5 dollar bill. At the end of the song my dad made a buzzer noise sending everyone into hysterics.

"Grow up will ya!" Rob yells and Lenny ooos. After the ceremony everyone went to the after service for food and drinks. I was sitting with Becky in the canopy as we were talking about favourite things when Bean runs over.

"Mommy I want some milk." He says running to his mom and starts breastfeeding. I turn Beckys head to face me and continue talking to her ignoring the parents conversations. I sit there until Greg and his brother walk over.

"Mom my phone died." Greg says.

"Well come play with Becky and Brielle then." She says and Greg just looks down at me and his sister and looks back up at his mom.

"I'm gonna go find dad." Keithie says walking away and Greg sits by his mom.

"Come on Brielle let's go see if we can find some flowers." Becky says pulling me away too the lining of trees as she walk along the outside picking flowers. I find a daisy and put it behind her ear and she finds one and puts it behind mine.

"Now we're twins." She says as she gives me a hug.

"Come on Becky I think people are leaving."

"No I don't want you to leave." She whines

"I'll give you a piggy back." She sighs and agrees hoping on my back as I walk her back to her parents.

"No I don't want to leave Brielle." Becky says as her mom tries to grab her.

"I'll see you in 5 minutes okay. I promise." She smiles and let's go of me as Roxanne mouths a thank you to me putting her in the car.