10• Cinderman

🥀

🥀

Room 212 is dead silent except for Luke and Kota whispering to Gabriel who they huddled in the corner. The two whisperers peak at the doll-like girl as they explain to Gabriel what they were told in the conference room. Gabriel stares at her in unblinking horror, brain stuck as he tries to wrap his head around what they're saying. He's still reeling from her little game of fuckery minutes before.

Rue still sits prettily on the hospital bed as Dr. Roberts gives her a checkup at his insistence. He's mumbling to himself, barely able to pull hisself from his thoughts long enough to answer Sean's questions. Sean stands behind him to the left, watching everything he does like he's back in medical school. Behind Rue stands North, who watches Roberts for another reason entirely - to make sure he didn't hurt the girl or make her uncomfortable. Every so often his lips twist in a snarl even if the doctor did nothing wrong, just to remind him that there's a scary fucker ready to throw down at the flip of a coin.

Besides North is Silas. While North is standing tersely with his arms crossed with barely inches separated him and Rue, Silas is lounging against the wall, keeping an eye on North. He'd watch the doctor, but that's obviously covered.

Nathan sits in one of the guest chairs. His red hair is a bit messy from him running his fingers through it, but he otherwise seems to be taking things well. That's a farce. He can feel the anxiety creeping in.

Owen is near Sean, eyes watching everything taking place equally. He's adamantly trying to avoid direct eye contact with Rue though. After being educated on the truth of matters, he's attempting to sort his feelings over her feeding on another. He's aware now that what she did wasn't dangerous to the man even if it did violate his freedom of choice.

Victor stands near Kota, Luke, and Gabriel - watching Rue while keeping an ear on Gabriel to make sure he doesn't need to step in. There's always been something otherworldly about her, so it isn't too much of a surprise to him that it's more literal in her case.

Phil cups the girl's cheeks and looks over her face gently. He wants to make sure her mental state is fairing better than her physical health is. The girl has been through the ringer and it shows, painfully shows, in every minuscule action of hers. The hopeless complacent look in her eyes speaks legions of the exhaustion she feels.

"I've been speaking with the others while you were in here playing your games," he begins. Rue looks directly into his eyes at this, the sapphire color glinting in warning. He smirks, not fazed at all by her silent threats. She's more bark than bite no matter what she claims.
"They've been made aware of the situation."

The emotions flicking through her stony gaze in rapid succession are numerous - shocked , appalled, irritated, angry, frightened, unsure, curious, thoughtful, angry again. He doesn't let it seep in too long, quickly cutting off any wrath she might let loose, " It had to be done, Rue. They're too close to the situation now to be kept in the dark. They're good men and will do right by you."