Chapter 25

Hey people!!!!! Hope you like this chapter :)

I reached up to the top shelf not bothered to get a chair to bring me up. I groaned as I moved the paints.

"Need help with that?" Malcolm sneaked up behind me.

"Geesus Christ you scared me" I put my hand to my chest breathing out trying to calm my racing heart. "What you doing here it's a Monday? Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked

"My class is gone on a field trip and I wasn't bothered going. I don't have anything else to do" Malcolm leaned up and helped me

"Okay" I walked back and got more paint from the box.

"How you feeling?" Malcolm pushed back his black hair a bit and for the first time I saw his pale face properly

".... Fine" I walked to the cash register, I looked back to see if he was sarcastic or was talking to someone else.

"Are you sure? I know you've been crying a lot" I blushed and looked down and noticed I was holding a tissue. "Lets go get some ice cream" Malcolm smiled weakly at me.

I looked at him suspiciously "This has to be a trap or prank" I said to myself.

"I didn't ask you to murder someone why you looking at me like that?" Malcolm shoved his hands in his pockets.

"We have to stay in the shop Mom isn't here." I said looking down at the time on my phone.

"She is, she has been in the back doing the finances all day" Malcolm nodded his head toward the back

"Really? I haven't heard her" I said trying to lean my head to look back

"So are you coming?" Malcolm bit his lips, which I may say was very sexy.

"O-okay" I said getting up and putting my phone in my pocket

"Will you relax! You're making me nervous!" Malcolm opening the shop door for me. "Pigs first" he said leaning down and laying out his arm

"Cunt" I mumbled walking onto the street.

We walked to the ice cream shop and sat down. We chose the ice cream we wanted and waited. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. We mostly looked outside the window and watched people while waiting for our ice cream.

"Here you go" The waitress smiled and handed us our dishes full of creamy ice cream. 

"Thanks" I smiled back

"Mmmm, mine is so good" I moaned savouring the taste in my mouth.

"Can I have a taste?" Malcolm asked as he hovered his spoon over my sundae. 

"Sure, I swallowed" 

"Have a taste of mine" Malcolm pushed over his ice cream.

"Yours has nuts" I grimaced drinking my water to trying to get rid of the taste

"Don't like them?" 

"Nope" I started to eat mine again

We sat there in silence again. It was comforting, I'm sick of having to talk all the time when you're with someone so there isn't any awkward silences.

"I know how you feel" Malcolm looked back at me 

"Hmm?" I said with a mouthful of ice cream

"You and Gerard? I know how you feel" Malcolm scraped the last bit of ice cream out of his dish and suck on the spoon.

"How?" I swallowed and raised my eyebrow

He looked down I could get the hint that he had regret opening up his mouth in the first place. I wasn't backing out in my question now. After all, he was the one to bring the subject up.