searching

Cody's pov

It's been 3 weeks since the day Jr went missing after the court hearing and no one has seen anything of him since. Richard tried using his massive social media influence and his father's vast network of connections to spread the word in hopes of finding information but sadly there was nothing. Joseph even put up wanted posters and got the message around in our school and still nothing. Chef pee pee after three whole weeks of non stop searching with little to no sleep was finally convinced to take a break so his just kinda been skulking around his house for now. As for me though a still haven't given up on looking I've been scrolling through any clues or pieces in the web but still nothing.

I then leaned back onto my bed breathing out an exasperated sigh of anguish didn't penny say magic was fueled by desire or some shit cause what I really desire right now is to get Jr back fucking useless ass magic powers. I  got out of my bed and went to my bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror my usually curly brown hair is messy and sticking out in every possible direction and I also have very noticeable bags under my eyes thankfully with my glasses it's a little hard to tell. After making my usual daily check up on myself to see if I could get any uglier than I already am I then draged my self down stairs to make my 4th cup of coffee today.

While I was in the kitchen waiting for my coffee to brew I over heard my da- Brooklyn t guy and my mom talking about something in the living room normally I don't like to eves drop on my mom's "private conversations" I have enough trauma as it is thank you however during this conversation I picked up on the word kidnapper which really intrigued me givin the predicament I was in and so I continued to listen in from there.

So you really think it's the guy said Judy. maybe but I don't want to make any assumptions however his victims are always kids usually  around 11 and younger and I know jr is sixteen but I honestly think he's short enough to pass. I snickered to myself at that little unintentional jab at jr's height if he heard that he'd be so pissed right now. But with that aside there was also a nagging feeling in my brain screaming at me to go with him normally my psyche doesn't exactly make the best decisions but excuse me if I'm a little biased after all if this is the kidnapper who got Jr I have some less then pleasant things I'd like to both say and do to him. As brook was almost out of the door I shouted wait and ran up to him. let me go with you I asked brook looked at me with confused shock
Heh?! He exclaimed. I said let me go with you I overheard your conversation and if it turns out that he really was the one who kidnapped Jr then I need to be a part of this too.

Brook then pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration kid listen I get your going through a lot right now really I do but I can't bring you on an active investigation. Why just because I'm "impulsive and mentally unstable and prone to violence"? I asked brook then paused for a second well I was gonna say because your a minor and not qualified to be on an investigation but thanks for giving me 3 more reasons I guess. Oh come on I'm a fucking super genius I was making teleportation machines and atom converters while I was in diapers I'm pretty sure I can track down a pedophile. Judy then began to speak Well I mean his IQ does clock in around 376 last time I checked said Judy ah ha! See moms on board with it. You can't seriously be considering this!? Brook yelled. I just think he would be a good help I mean you've seen his intelligence scores what's the worst that can happen?

I could loose my job get charged with child abuse and even worse botch this investigation! BROOK! It will be fine Brook had a strange look on his face I wont do anything to interfere with the investigation I just want to at least help out when I can ok. Will it be ok? He asked me. Yes I'm literary the most intelligent man on earth you have nothing to worry about. You are pretty smart um ok we can go but you have to do everything I tell you ok?

I was shocked was that all it took? That really weird but ok. I agreed with his terms and went to go get dressed ill wait for you in the car! Brook yelled as he went outside when I got to my room i put on my signature blue hoodie with a black leather jacket over it with some black ripped jeans and combat boots i then rummaged through my closet to get some of my old gadgets from when I was a brat they might prove useful after all. After I got what I needed I then ran down stairs to meet brook in the car but mom! I yelled before I was about to run out the door -hey cody? Judith asked um yeah? She paused for a few seconds before smiling stay safe ok alright I will thanks mom you're the best I said as I ran out the house.

Judy waved him off to go with her boyfriend she then shut the door behind Cody and looked it. While she walked to the kitchen to make dinner she thought back on the previous conversation she didn't know if sending Cody off to help with an investigation was a good move parenting wise but ever since Cody was little she knew he was special and not in the mommy loves you kind of special and also not because  he was a super genius at a young age there was something else about him something she couldn't quite put her finger on she had this conversation with herself many times before and she always thought she was crazy but something earlier made her suspicions feel a little less crazy earlier when Cody was convincing Brooklyn to let him go with him she could have sworn she saw his eyes glow.