💋Shadows💋 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
____________

Laylah grip on the wheel loses, setting her lips in tight straight line to suppress the mumbling of sob escape from her lips,the veil that was once tied on her head in what seemed to be a beautiful turban was already losseed letting her fine long braid hair fall over her face.

She let the tears drop not minding to stop then no more, parking by the side of the road seeing as the car behind her was honking at her to move.

This what the price she had to pray for all the crimes she had committed Laylah thought whipping her tears with the toilet roll she pulled from the beautiful ivory rectangular wooden container.

Smiling at herself as she exhaled a deep breath, she must find a way out of this she thought.

Wrapping his hands firmly around her waist, Abdullah inhaled her scent he loved this woman so deep but something seemed so off about her today, he thought as turned to face him with a smile on her face.

"What's up baby you seems off today"

Couldn't help stopping himself Abdullah voiced out his thoughts, the smile that was once on Layla face was no where to be found.

She exhaled a deep signed wiggling his hold around her body,

"We won't want the food the burn"
She tired saying this time not wanting to let herself feel weak In front of him.

In this state she was she didn't know what she was feelings, Abdullah was all over her thought.

Reluctantly letting her go Abdullah walked to the dispenser to get a cup of water which he gulped, throwing the disposable see through plastic cup inside the army green waste bin by the side.

Moving to where Laylah stood, the later covered the pot she was stirring with a spatula, Abdullah had his hands folded up to his chest, a thing he does when angry but he couldn't stay mad at her.

Pinning her to the wall, laylah closed her eyes shut why just can't he understand she doesn't want to talk about this to begin with.

Blowing air into her face, Layla spat her eyes open meeting his gaze, her gaze fell on the marble as she looked she was trying to keep the tears at bay but darn Abdullah.

"I won't let go off you"
He said in a mere whisper bitting her ear lob in the process, she doesn't want this but Abdullah was pushing her.

Closing her eyes for brief seconds exhaling a breath she looked up straight into his eyes not blinking, the two stayed in this position for minutes each looks in each other's orbs.

Laylah was the first to break the contest, moving to the steaming cover pot not paying attention to Abdullah gaze on her, Abdullah seeing that knew she wasn't going to talk, that was how stubborn Laylah was..
She only does what she set her mind on doing which he doesn't want.

Laylah let a whispered of a hiss below her breath, humming a song under her to herself as set back to work.

...

Putting down the Camo flag face mask down to her chin Laylah let a breath, calling up the waitresses Aisha signed for the uncountable time that day.

The two planed on meeting in a private expensively resort where Laylah was meeting up with some secret private investigator about Hermana.

"I wonder why you so much care about the girl"

Aisha huffed our a sip from her cocktail.

"I should crack up ever chance of the two meetings"

Laylah massage her forehead, she was stressed and tired from all this her head hurts.

"The plan here is get him forget her"
Aisha voice was mere above whisper but Laylah got her words clearly but he wasn't doing that he kept calling her name yesterday night when they where making out. How was she going tell this to her friend.

Laylah let a dry laughter.
"Isn't it obvious what am doing"
It was more like a question more than a statement but Aisha got it straight more than anyone, she knew not to push her friend more they Both are facing there problems.

Laylah believed deleting or changing anything about Hermana was best, changing name and background will just do to her knowing there was no way there path was going to cross.

Extending her hands for a hands shake the three stood on there feet, exiting the resort each stepping into his car.

Laylah drove straight home, moving to her room where she took a bath before going down to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Abdullah was by the fridge Laylah side stepped him not even acknowledging his presence which left his mouth hanging in the air.

"Are you still mad"
Abdullah voice sounded cold,so cold to her ears that made Laylah stop the fork from getting into her lips putting it back she signed hugging her self with her arms around her chest the weight was to much for her to bare.

Abdullah didn't press more instead he got out of his sit and worked out on her, were they not family, was this how he will keep behaving Laylah ran her hands up her face breathless.

Man are always like this, setting her lips in thin line she followed behind Abdullah in fast strode meeting him up at the hall way leading towards the stairs.

"We should talk"

Laylah moves pass him to the small room created for nothing the room has rugs with soft cushion arranged tobe in sofa it looked like those play house they made back in childhood, tapping her feet's waiting for Abdullah present which he never graced her with.

Why does the girls shadow keep following her where every she goes. Why can't she just leave her life without any problems popping up, does she has to ruin Hermana's life completely.

.....

Another Friday
Vote
Comment
Share

All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
Ongoing edition
8-10-2021