⚏𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒⚏

"

"...maybe I can meet my son..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

It had been a little over two weeks, and there was still no word of Neji's whereabouts. The cops had swept the building for any signs of life and came up short every time.

All the bodies were burnt to a crisp. They were only able to identify the few that died from their teeth through dental records.

Neither Danzo nor Neji's bodies had been found.

Of course, everyone had their own opinions and thoughts of what happened.

Some think he had died and that there was nothing left of his to be identified by the mortician.

Others think he found Danzo and chased him.

As for me, I don't know what to think.

Every night, for the last two weeks, I've been experiencing the same dream over and over—Neji's funeral.

Not a dream.

A nightmare.

I haven't told anyone about them either.

It's tough to talk about and I'm not sure where to begin.

Sakura's been in my room every day, trying to comfort and console me, but it hasn't been working.

Hizashi has called me a few times, which I've ignored every time.

I'm supposed to leave for Japan in two weeks to see my family, but I don't want to leave New York because Neji could turn up any minute.

Gojo has been blowing up my phone ever since he saw the news about what happened that night.

I've learned to turn off my phone at times. Just so he can't bombard me with questions 24/7.

It's just too much to deal with.

Did he actually die?

Hidan was rushed to the hospital after the fight, having suffered numerous injuries. He was unconscious for a few days, so his son stayed in the apartment building with us until Hidan awoke. Ever since then, the two became inseparable and after many months, he and his son were finally reunited.

He couldn't stop thanking me for saving his son and that once he was healthy again, that he would do everything in his power to find Neji.

I doubted anyone could find him though.

Shikamaru has been running everything in Neji's absence; but since the era of the Akatsuki and— maybe—Danzo ended, there hasn't been much happening in the streets of New York.