⚏𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃⚏

"

"...what hurts baby?..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT & TORTURE

*if you feel uncomfortable, just skip it. it's not super important to the plot*

NEJI'S POV

It's been four days since we've heard anything about Y/N's status. That night, we swept the building for any signs of life and came up short. When we checked the security cameras we saw two people take her through the back and into an ally. Their faces were hard to see. The only thing of theirs that we could identify was their hair—long-blond hair and slick-backed greyish hair. The one with the grey hair looked awfully familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had seen him from.

We immediately knew it must've been the Akatsuki that took her hostage; it had to have been payback for infiltrating their hideout. An hour after Y/N was taken, they sent me a cryptic email indicating that they took her and were torturing her for information and would only spare her life if there was an exchange—her life for mine. They mentioned that we would meet in four days at an abandoned apartment complex in Brooklyn.

I would sacrifice myself for any one of my friends, but I was nervous about doing it for her. I knew we could get her back without having to exchange my own life, but it got me thinking. How significant is she to the team? To me? I was having a battle within myself, debating this girl's importance in my life.

On one side, she almost killed me. She was a ruthless ninja who seemed to have no remorse. Until I find out that she has a completely different personality. She's kind (sometimes), a bit feisty, diligent, smart, beautiful; I mean, the list goes on. It's like I'm seeing her in a completely different light and I don't like that. I WANT to hate her. It'd be so much easier if I did. Then I could just use her to get what I want and move on. Part of me says to get her so that she can give me information about my father. And another part of me says to get her because she's important to me—to the organization.

So what am I doing sitting here going back and forth with my thoughts? I've got to come up with a team for tonight's operation. We're going to get Y/N back without suffering any more losses.

Y/N's POV

I can't even recall how many days it's been. A week? I can't tell time anymore. My body hurts and I can't stop the pain. I continuously blackout and I'm beginning to lose feeling in my lower body. Is this where I'm meant to die? Just when I thought things were getting better for me, the situation continuously grows worse. What did I do to deserve this? Am I being punished for something? Will anyone come to save me? I doubt Neji is out looking for me—he hates me.