⚏𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃⚏

"

"...it doesn't mean anything right..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

Y/N's POV

Ever since I woke up from a coma, Neji has been by my side day and night. Not that I'm complaining, but it's just so out character. Don't get me wrong, I like this new version of him, but I hate that I had to go through such a traumatic experience for him to be nice to me. He's really growing on me though.

Sakura and I started physical therapy a week after I woke up. It's been really tough, but she's been super encouraging. I've also gotten a lot closer to some of the gang. Sometimes Naruto or Lee take turns helping me with my therapy. Choji has been cooking me a lot of meals, even including some of my favorite dishes. Ino's been super sweet as well and even Sasuke has stopped by to check up on me, only saying a few words here and there—I think he was only coming to see Sakura, to be honest. I heard them talking about another person here—Ten Ten—but I have yet to meet her. Maybe she's busy.

"Hey there sleepy head." Choji comes into the room bearing lunch. As if on cue, my stomach grumbled, and we both laughed it off. "I didn't overdo it today, just soup and a sandwich," he smiles.

"Anything from you is amazing Choji, thank you." I took the plate from him and set it on my lap. "What are you guys doing today? More training?"

"No, actually it's a free day. Neji's given us the day off. It's been almost two months since we've heard anything about the Akatsuki, so Neji hasn't been working us as hard," he shrugged.

"Well, that's good that you guys have some time off to relax. What are you thinking of doing?" I so desperately wanted to have fun with everyone, but I haven't left this bed to do anything besides using the bathroom and taking a shower.

"Naruto says he wants to go to the beach, so I think that's what we're gonna do. Even Sasuke agreed to come!" he exclaimed. Even though I was sad, I couldn't help but laugh along with him. "Maybe Sakura will let you come to the beach with us, a little sun won't hurt you!"

"I hope!" I groaned. Sakura as a friend is one thing, but Dr. Haruno is another person. She is extremely strict when it comes to proper medical procedures. "But you know Sakura isn't one to bend the rules."

"Maybe if Neji convinces her and orders her to do it, then she'll have no choice but to let you come!" Choji seemed so hopeful in his answer that I didn't have the heart to tell him that Neji holds no power over Sakura.

"I heard my name," a voice boomed from the entrance.

"Neji! I was just telling Y/N that she should come with us to the beach if Sakura permits it." Choji looked back and forth between Neji and me, waiting for some kind of response.