Forever Like That

Chapter 18

Amity stood there with Hunter as she watched Luz play for her father. Eventually, Luz stood up and walked over to the two of them. She nodded to Hunter, and he sighed.

"You guys can head out, I might be a little while. Will you guys be alright?" Luz and Amity nodded, and the two girls silently made their way back through the cemetery to where the two cars were parked. Amity unlocked the vehicle and opened the trunk. Luz placed her guitar inside and they both got into their respective seats. Amity pulled out of the cemetery parking lot. Luz stared out the window, watching the scenery pass by.

"Hey," Amity said. "Since it's Friday, do you want to hang out at my house? I can invite the others." Luz thought for a moment, then shrugged.

"Okay." She said nothing else for the rest of the car ride. Amity didn't hold it against her though. Luz clearly needed to get her mind off of her grief, and spend some time with her friends. They arrived at Blight Manor, and Amity parked in the long driveway. She got out and walked around to the passenger door to open it for Luz, who seemed to be in a daze. She led the taller girl inside and they sat down on the couch. Amity took out her phone and pulled up Boscha's contact.

"I've got to text the others and tell them to come over. Just so you know, you're staying here tonight, I don't want Jared hurting you. And I especially don't want you to be in anymore pain." Luz thanked her, but Amity waved it off.

"You don't have to thank me. I want to be here for you." She sent the text out.

"Hey, Mittens! Hey, Cutie." Emira and Edric walked into the room. Em ruffled Amity's hair. "Mind if I hang out with you guys tonight? Ed's got a date." Amity looked up in shock.

"He does?!" Edric's face turned red.

"I already told you, Em! It's not a date, Hunter and I are just catching up with each other." Luz's eyes widened, and Ed looked at her curiously.

"Hunter didn't tell you?" Luz shook her head. But they didn't get to talk about it anymore. Boscha suddenly walked into the room, she didn't even bother to knock on the door., she just marched inside.

"I'm here!" She yelled out. "Now the real fun can start." Amity rolled her eyes as Willow and Gus came in the door.

"Do you guys know how to knock? It's rude to just barge in on people." Boscha scoffed playfully.

"Please, I know that you don't care." She flopped down on the couch right next to Luz, making her flinch a little. Boscha didn't seem to notice.

"Wonder Twins, hey Luz." The twins glared at her.

"Boscha, what did we tell you about calling us that?" Em said. Boscha shrugged, and Willow sat down next to her. Gus sat on the floor. The teens sat in silence for about thirty seconds before Ed clapped his hands.

"Well, that's enough awkward silence for one lifetime. I'm headed out." He left.

:::::::::::::::::

Gus looked to Em curiously.

"What crawled up his ass?" Everyone except Luz laughed at this. She didn't understand what was funny, and she kind of wanted to run away because of the confusion. But Amity was still holding her hand, and Luz didn't want to let go. The group just sat and talked for about an hour. Luz found herself feeling restless, her leg was bouncing and she was tapping her fingers on the couch. Eventually, Willow suggested an actual activity, almost making Luz sigh in relief.

"How about we watch a movie?" She said. Everyone seemed to agree with this.

"I can order us a couple pizzas." Em said, then left the room. Amity turned on her TV and scrolled through the different streaming services. Luz had never seen such a large television in her entire life. After awhile, they all settled on Iron Man. Em came back into the room, turned off the lights, and sat down on the arm of the couch. The movie started. As it progressed, Luz started to feel a little anxious. The battle scenes were really loud and there were a lot of flashing lights. Luz let go of Amity's hand in order to cover her ears, and she shut her eyes. All of a sudden, she felt a soothing hand on her back.

"Hey, do you want to take a break?" Amity said quietly. Luz nodded, her eyes still shut tightly. Amity led her out of the room after explaining to the others what was happening.

"Have fun, Mittens." Emira said teasingly. Luz could feel Amity tense up a little. Luz opened her eyes as they made their way upstairs to Amity's room. Luz sighed in relief when Amity shut the door. They both sat down at the foot of the bed, and Amity intertwined their fingers. She looked up at the Latina.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" She whispered. Luz looked at Amity, a spark appearing in her eyes. She smiled.

"I do." The two of them just stared at each other. Suddenly, Luz stood up and pulled out her phone. She pulled up her playlist and selected a song. Pausing it, she held out a hand to Amity.

"Do you want to dance with me?" She asked, her face darkening with a blush. "I know it's a little out of the blue. The idea just kinda popped into my head." She smiled sheepishly. Amity smiled, and took Luz's hand.

"I'd love to." Luz pulled her in, and placed her hands on either side of Amity's waist. Amity wrapped her arms around Luz's neck. Luz let go for a second and pressed play on her phone. Soft guitar started to play, and they started to sway in unison.

Well, I'll be your rainy day lover
Whenever the sunny days end
And whatever the weather we have each other
And that's how the story will end

Well, I'll be your shade tree in summer
If you'll be my fire when it's cold
And whatever the season
Well, we'll keep on breathing
'Cause we'll have each other to hold
And I'll hold you and I'll sing

Well, I wanna love you forever, I do
I wanna spend all of my days with you
I'll carry your burden and be the wind at your back
I wanna spend my forever

Forever like that

Well, I'll be the words on the pages
If you'll be my sweet melody
And the tune can keep changing
'Cause love I'll keep arranging
And this is the song that we'll sing
And I'll hold you and I'll sing

Well, I wanna love you forever, I do
I wanna spend all of my days with you
Carry your burden and be the wind at your back
Well, I wanna spend my forever

When the rain comes, I'll be your shelter
When the wind blows, love, we'll be together
When the storms they rise
Well, I'll be right there by your side
And I'll sing

Well, I'm gonna love you forever, I do
I'm gonna spend all of my days with you
I'll carry your burden and be the wind at your back
I'm gonna spend my forever
Forever like that

::::::::::::::::::::::

The song ended, but neither of them let go. Amity leaned in a little making their noses touch. Luz's eyes widened when she processed what was happening.

"Do you want to kiss me?" Amity whispered. Luz swallowed, and nodded nervously.

"But didn't you say you don't want to be together yet?" Amity chuckled, looking into Luz's big brown eyes.

"Don't worry about that right now." She whispered, and slowly started to lean in further, until their lips were barely touching. Then, to her surprise, it was Luz who closed the gap between them. Amity gasped lightly, and pressed herself closer. Luz was gentle, innocent, and clumsy. It was obvious that this was her first kiss. Regardless, Amity melted into it. They pulled apart after a few seconds. Luz's eyes were wide and shining.
"Woah." She whispered, starstruck, then she looked  at Amity quizzically. "What does this mean now? Our relationship, I mean." She asked bluntly. Leave it to Luz to never beat around the bush.

"I'm not sure, to be honest." Amity said. Luz looked thoughtful for a moment, before she spoke.

"Do you want to go on a date with me? I mean, that's the most logical direction to take with someone after you kiss them." Amity snorted, but Luz was dead serious. Amity smiled at her.

"Absolutely." Luz's face broke into a huge smile, before turning sheepish. "Um, i-is it weird to ask if we can kiss again?" Amity grinned and leaned in to kiss her. When they separated this time, Luz whimpered a little, making Amity giggle.

"Sorry, but we have to go back downstairs before Boscha and Em trash the house. Do you think you can handle it?" Luz kissed her once more.

"Not sure, but I'll try."