the one with all the pills

Kip laid on his bed staring at the ceiling, pondering about the duet he performed with Rachel

Kip laid on his bed staring at the ceiling, pondering about the duet he performed with Rachel. Ever since then he's been seeing her in a different way, a way he didn't like.

"No." he quickly sat up, "I can't be attracted to her. She's Rachel, an annoying, self absorbed brat. You don't want to date a self absorbed brat do you? Plus she likes Finn."

Kip couldn't dwell on this all day because his dad called him down for breakfast. "Coming!" he responded then trotted down the stairs. "She does have a nice smile though."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Alright everyone, split up!" Mr. Schuester announced eagerly. "Guys on the right and girls on the left."

"Uh, why are we doing this Mr. Schue?" Kip asked as he walked to the right side of the room.

"Glad you asked Kipper. Here's the deal; two teams boys versus girls. One week from today you will each perform a mashup of your choice." he explained. The girls become avid and start chattering amongst themselves.

"What's a mashup?" Puck leaned over to ask Kip, who responded with a shrug along with that "I don't know" noise.

"A mashup is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression." Mr. Schue answered. "Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. Go all out; costumes, choreography, you name it. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number for Sectionals."

"Wait, who's going to be the judge? Your gender makes you biased." Rachel snipped.

Kip scoffed, "No it doesn't, just because he's a guy doesn't mean he's gonna pick the guys. This isn't the 1940s." Rachel glared at him in response.

"That is where the celebrity judge comes in." Mr. Schue announced earning curiosity from the kids.

"W-who is it?" Tina asked.

"Nope it will be a surprise." he replied raising the suspicion, when in reality it's just Ms. Pillsbury.

Mercedes put a hand on her hip and smirked with confidence, "We got this in the bag."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Fiiiiin! Fiiiiiiinnn!!" Kip raised his voice seated across the island in the kitchen of the Adam's household. Finn insisted on coming over when he heard Kip's dad, Sonny was making his famous gumbo.

Finn jerked himself awake from drifting off in the chair. "Huh?! What..?"

Kip rolled his eyes, "We're never gonna get this science project finished if you keep falling asleep. Why have you been so tired lately?"

"Yeah, what's going on kid?" Sonny asked as he walked over from putting away the leftovers.

Finn audibly sighed and put his head in his hands. All the stress between football, glee, and the baby, especially the baby was taking a toll on him. Quinn just won't stay off his case about it. All of this is tough on a teenager who doesn't really have anyone to look up to. Like a dad.