Chapter 6

Before we continue with this chapter, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions on names for Light Fury. I wish that I can choose all of them but sadly I must pick only one. The dragon speeches will be in an italic format for the remainder of this story. This way it would be easier for everyone to separate humans and dragon speeches. Further ado I present to you all the sixth chapter of Finding What You Are Not Looking For.
Nuffink hid behind his older sister, scared that Frida would show up and turn them into dragons. "Don't worry, Nuffink? I wouldn't let any witch harm you," Zephyr comforted her baby brother. The heiress was not sure if this story was 100 percent true. Zephyr knows that the story might have exaggerated some of the truth in this story. Zephyr knows that sometimes the facts are exaggerated to make the story grander. Another reason for Zephyr to believe that this story might be exaggerated is because she had never come across a witch before. And Zephyr had never heard anyone in the village coming across a witch either. Was she had just been lucky not to find a witch? 'I mean, there was no such thing as witches, right?' Zephyr thinks to herself.

"Frida isn't going to show up, sweethearts," Valka says as she engulfs her two grandchildren in her arms. She had not meant to frighten her grandson like that. Instead, Valka was hoping that holding the young children in her arms would ease their worries about the idea of Frida returning. "Even if she magically appears here. She would most likely not harm you two."

"What?!" The youngest Haddock child screamed, worried. Nuffink remembers being told by all the adults in the village that witches are evil and cannot be trusted. "Why do you think she wouldn't harm us?" Nuffink asks as he breaks away from the embrace of his grandmother and sister.

"Because I wouldn't allow that to happen. Even if it gave up my own life, I would do it if it means that you two are safe."

"Please don't leave us like that, grandma?!" Both children cried out. Neither one of them wanted Valka to give her life to save theirs.

"That's my job as your grandmother. Right now, we're not in any danger now. So, we shouldn't worry about that now. Why don't we finish the rest of the story? What do you two say?" Valka comforted the two children. Then, with nods of their heads, Valka resumes the story.

Astrid, Hilda, and Gunner were sound asleep, but loud shouts awoke them. The yells are from the villagers waking up to find them, not humans anymore. The villagers are panicking from realizing that they all had turned into dragons overnight. As quickly as they could, the Hofferson family stood up. Astrid and her parents were shocked to see the dragons inside her home but promptly remembered what happened yesterday as their minds were unclear about the fogginess. All three start to hyperventilate from the realization of what happened. It was not every day you transformed into an entirely different creature. Where was her mother last night? Is it a species of dragons that she has never seen before? The most significant trait is that the Dragon Astrid assumed was her mother had four wings. The four-winged Dragon had a face that looked like that of an owl. However, that was black scales with yellow highlights. "Mom, is that you?" Astrid could not help herself asking the unknown four-winged Dragon.

"Astrid?" Hilda replied to the golden Deadly Nadder. The Nadder nodded her head to answer her question. It was unreal seeing her daughter has a Deadly Nadder. Both mother and daughter looked at Gunner. The head of the Hofferson family was a dragon whose scales were bioluminescent neon blue with a lighter underbelly. This led his body to glow, which gave off a ghostly appearance. The three Hofferson might not have been sure on dragon species Gunner turned into, but the glowing scales gave them a great guess he turned into. There was only one Dragon that they knew of that glowed. Flightmare. The same type of Dragon that had ruined their family's name. So, it was no surprise that the three Hofferson were not too please with this development.