Chapter 3

"Gramma, Grandpa Stoick didn't say that?" Zephyr asked, shocked that her usually jolly giant grandfather could say something like that.

"Me didn't know Grandpa Stoick said that," Nuffink said, just as shocked as his older sister. Both Haddock children could not believe that their father had the villagers treat him. All of their lives, they had seen the villagers of New Berk treat Hiccup Haddock with respect. But, now they hear that years ago, that was not the case. But, there was also something about the story that Zephyr noticed.

"Gramma, where were you at when all of this went down?" Zephyr could not help but ask Valka. That was when Nuffink also noticed the lack of Valka in the story.

"You see, young ones, I was living with the dragons." Her grandchildren looked even more confused. What did the elderly woman mean living with the dragons? Did she even care about their father? These were the questions running through Zephyr and Nuffink's minds. Especially the last question is running through Zephyr's mind. "Let's say the Berk we live in today was very different from the Berk of years ago. The next part of the story is when your father found me." Valka added. The original dragon rider decided to resume the story.

Sixteen years ago, a young boy named Hiccup Haddock the Third had run away from his home. He had run away on the back of his best friend, Toothless the Night Fury. Anyone would have seen hiccup and Toothless friendship as an abomination of nature. A forbidden friendship Hiccup liked to call it.

Hiccup, after convincing Toothless to leave, Berk had broken into the killing ring where the Berkians kept the dragons for training. To break out the dragons. Unfortunately, Hiccup could only get a Terrible Terror and Monstrous Nightmare out before he almost been caught several times. After the Nightmare was free, it went its way, as the Terror stayed with Hiccup. The Terrible Terror was green-scaled with reddish-brown highlights. Hiccup had named the Terror, Sharpshot. He called the little dragon that because of Sharpshot's excellent accuracy at shooting. Both dragons and riders have been flying in the north for two days now. They would usually stop on every other island they would come across. They fish for their food and rest on the island. Hiccup would take the time to play with his dragon friends. Hiccup had also started to map out where they were going.

As the three are flying above some clouds. An unknown figure is rising above the clouds beside them. The figure was wearing an intimidating horned helmet covering their face. This stranger was holding some crooked staff and shield. This stranger appears to be standing in the clouds. The young boy's expression showed great confusion about what he was seeing. Toothless and Sharpshot both growled at the figure. Neither of the two dragons trusted this stranger, so the two wanted to protect their human friend at all cost.

Then as fast as the figure has shown up, it disappeared into the clouds. The dragon rider and his dragons looked around to determine where the stranger went. "Okay. Now that was just creepy." Hiccup said, totally freaked out about what happened. Both dragons nodded their heads in agreement with Hiccup. That was when they heard a dragon cry before a colossal dragon with four wings appeared in front of them. Toothless has to flap his wings to stop himself from colliding with the unknown dragon. Toothless is now hovering in the air.

On the back of this dragon was the masked figure. Both Toothless and Sharpshot growl as a warning to stay back. The masked individual is pointing the crooked staff towards Hiccup. "Oh, um, hi, my name-," Hiccup tries to greet the other dragon rider but is interrupted by the masked rider's dragon roar. Just when Toothless and Sharpshot were about to fire a shot, they stopped when they heard another dragon cry. Toothless and Sharpshot turned around behind themselves to where the noise location. Before either, one of the two dragons could react to anything. A dragon had quickly snatched Hiccup out of his saddle.