Look What You Made Me Do

honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time....

(or the one where they make it official)

•••

"Love? Your phone's been ringing for a bit now, you gonna answer?" Harry asked Y/N as they ate breakfast together three weeks after their date.

Y/N had been zoning out all morning long. From the minute she woke up, she had a feeling today was gonna be an off day for her.

She missed modeling.

Yes she was treated horrible while in that profession, and yes it made her do some not very healthy things to herself to fit the image, but she'd never be able to forget the way it made her feel. She'd never forget the way she felt during her first fitting for a magazine cover shoot, the first time she walked at NYFW wearing Tom Ford, the day she got the call that she'd be a model and all her dreams would come true. 

"Hmm?" she hummed as she turned her head to face her boy- friend? They hadn't exactly talked about what this (them) was.

Y/N knew she liked him. Knew she definitely wouldn't mind being with him all the time. And she definitely wouldn't mind telling her mom she got the girlfriend title. But Harry's been so cool and relaxed about everything, it's made her nervous to ask.

"Your phone's been ringing non-stop for the past ten minutes," Harry pointed out, again, as he physically pointed to the phone on the counter.

Y/N turned her head towards her phone to see it was in fact ringing with the name Monica Lopez flashing across the screen.

Monica Lopez, talent agent. Y/N had met her a few years back when she was still considered royalty in the modeling industry (Vogue.com's words, not hers). If she remembers correctly, Monica had asked her to join her own agency Hepburn Models (after the iconic Audrey Hepburn, obviously). Y/N, though very flattered, was still very committed to IMG and couldn't bear the thought of leaving her "family" behind since they had taught her everything she knew. Monica was determined though, and told Y/N she'd always have a spot open for her at Hepburn.

"Who's Monica Lopez?" Harry asked as he scooped some strawberries to put on his waffles since he had already eaten the original five Y/N had put on his plate.

"Um some agent I met a while back, I'm not sure why she's calling though, it's been years." Y/N mumbled as she set her phone down, turning off the ringer so it wouldn't disturb her anymore.

Harry hummed as he took a sip of the black coffee he had made the first time Y/N's phone started ringing (he assumed she would've been on the phone for a while had she picked up, so he just wanted something to sip on while he scrolled on his own phone).

"What?" Y/N asked with a smile on her face as Harry smirked behind his coffee cup.

"Nothing, nothing." Harry mumbled back as they shared one more private smile before returning back to their breakfast meals.

Harry thinks he can get used to mornings like this.

•••

"How's things going with the ol' loverboy?"

Y/N looked up from her phone, where she was texting Taylor about getting a cookie recipe, to see Timothée awaiting her answer with a smirk on his face.

"Um, things are good, I guess." she mumbled as she pretended to busy herself with her phone again even though Taylor hadn't responded nor seen her last message.

"You guess? What's wrong? Do I need to beat a brit up?" Timothée asked as he moved across the room to sit in front of her.

"Nothing's wrong, it's just we've been dating for a few weeks but he hasn't given me any clue as to what it is. I don't know, I just need closure I guess." Y/N mumbled as she took a bite of the muffin Timothée had made.